šŸˆ NFL Official Chicago Bears Draft Discussion

What should the Bears do with the #1 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Bears are in an ideal position with the #1. I'm watching the frenzy begin early. Indy wants to do whatever it takes to get their QB. Houston doesn't know what they want to do. Half a dozen other teams also want a QB. I hope Poles is one hell of a negotiator because he could clean up. One mock draft I saw had the Bears picking up two 2024 1st rounders and a 2025 1st rounder plus other picks. Another had them getting a 2024 1st, a 2023 3rd and still getting Will Anderson. Feed that QB frenzy, media!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I think it's better to stick with Fields, at least for this season. Let's see if his passing improves like his running did. Plus, the Bears should end up with 1 or 2 additional 1st round picks in 2024 if they trade down. IF Fields sucks this year, trade him then and jump up to 1 to grab Caleb Williams who may be a generational QB. IF Fields gets better, those picks can fill more holes. I'd much rather have Williams than any of the QBs in this draft.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
They should trade down to #262

FRoL_nxUYAEIb_d.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
D Hopkins wants out of Arizona. Pushing 30 but still getting shit done. A third rounder take it or leave it?
The only issue is, rumor has it he wants an extension if traded and has a no trade clause. Iirc he has 2yrs and $34-$35m left on his existing deal. I think he will be 31 when the season starts next year. He probably wonā€™t approve a trade without a guaranteed extension. With that said, is he worth a 3rd and probably 4yrs at $18m a year? He will probably want at least $50m guaranteed in the deal. Iā€™d love to have him, but not at that cost

Thread Info