🏈 NFL Official Chicago Bears Draft Discussion

What should the Bears do with the #1 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
I like reading your comments. I just don't see the same things at times. I understand you guys don't put the same amount of research into your opinions and I appreciate the fact we all want the Bears to win.
How do you know we don't?

If we don't agree with your takes we're uninformed and not as smart as you?

I don't know if you realize this or not, but this is a franchise that has one Super Bowl Era championship and not much winning overall....unless I've been watching a different franchise the last 53 years, which is possible seeing how dumb I am.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Same, getting sick of being told I'm "uninformed" if I don't agree.
Maybe you should get a podcast with other Bear Cock Goblins that think the Bears can do no wrong at all. Everything they do is right, which explains why we have sucked since the 80's outside of a couple of decent years.

cobraj

TCG Elite Member
Feb 7, 2005
Letting Orlando Brown walk elsewhere. Letting David Montgomery go to a division rival that is poised to potentially be at the top of the division, and then going shopping for another RB IIRC...
Running Backs are a dime a dozen and Montgomery couldn't really block. I liked him too, but it wont be hard to replace that. Keep in mind this isn't over and it's going to take more than just one offseason.

Reactions: Maro and Blownbyyou

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Running Backs are a dime a dozen and Montgomery couldn't really block. I liked him too, but it wont be hard to replace that. Keep in mind this isn't over and it's going to take more than just one offseason.
Monty was very good and picking up blitzes and blocking imo.
Agreed it will take more than one offseason. But you have what most people think is a franchise QB (I dont and hope I'm wrong). I would think you would address one of your biggest weaknesses and get a tackle to keep him from running for his life. Yes you can draft one at #9, but why not address it in a strong tackle free agency class even if you have to over pay somewhat. Then you can use the #9 pick to address another huge need on the defensive line or even trade back a few spots and draft Bijan Robinson being Monty is gone. Robinson would go crazy in the Bears offense.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Monty was very good and picking up blitzes and blocking imo.
Agreed it will take more than one offseason. But you have what most people think is a franchise QB (I dont and hope I'm wrong). I would think you would address one of your biggest weaknesses and get a tackle to keep him from running for his life. Yes you can draft one at #9, but why not address it in a strong tackle free agency class even if you have to over pay somewhat. Then you can use the #9 pick to address another huge need on the defensive line or even trade back a few spots and draft Bijan Robinson being Monty is gone. Robinson would go crazy in the Bears offense.
Makes sense to me.

Maro

TCG Elite Member
Jun 20, 2008
Y'all do understand how free agency works, right? You keep talking about "letting Montgomery go to a division rival", they probably found out at the same time we did that he signed with the Lions.

As a team you don't get to pick and choose, or even be informed till they sign, where an unrestricted FA goes.

Now if he was restricted and the Bears chose not to match the Lions offer, then y'all can be critical and saying "letting him go to a division rival"

Reactions: Flyn and cobraj

Thread Info