Official Cell Phone Service Thread

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Yo. I’ve been with Sprint for like 15 years and have an unlimited plan for 4 lines for $220 per month. T-Mobile bought Sprint and I have been sent communication that they will honor all plans but we need to switch to their T-mobile SIM cards. At the Costco phone kiosk I asked what T-Mobile has for deals for people like me that are transitioning and they told me you have to switch to T-mobile and then see what they offer you. I am pessimistic and i feel like they aren’t gonna give me anything great. So I figured I would see what’s out there for new customers. I am just looking for opinions of T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon. At the Sams Club phone kiosk they offered me phone lines and three new phones for just under $200/ month with trading in our old phones. Is their coverage good? Verizon looks to be the most expensive but you get Hulu and some other streaming services for like 6 months free. Help.

svtcobra725

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
I’m in the same boat as you. Currently sprint and thinking of making a switch since t-mobile doesn’t consider us new customers we don’t get those deals. Pricing out plans however t-mobile pricing is almost too enticing to pass. Remember, t-mobile pricing includes all taxes n fees, vzw and att do not.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I’ve been with Sprint since the early 2000’s. Overall I was happy with the service. I looked at the other cell providers. Judging by prices. I just stuck with T-Mobile/Sprint. Plus I kind of like the T-Mobile Tuesday’s App. There are some good discounts and savings for all types of services and products. I use the Top Golf discount often. Buy an hour get an hour free on Sundays.

Over all it seems my service has actually improved since the T-Mobile Sprint merger and my costs for 3 phone and unlimited is a bit lower. So far so good.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I’ve been with Sprint since the early 2000’s. Overall I was happy with the service. I looked at the other cell providers. Judging by prices. I just stuck with T-Mobile/Sprint. Plus I kind of like the T-Mobile Tuesday’s App. There are some good discounts and savings for all types of services and products. I use the Top Golf discount often. Buy an hour get an hour free on Sundays.

Over all it seems my service has actually improved since the T-Mobile Sprint merger and my costs for 3 phone and unlimited is a bit lower. So far so good.
So you switched to a T-mobile plan? Did they offer you any phone deals?? My decision is going to be based on getting new phones.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
So hands down att has been the ABSOLUTE best service ever... We had em since before they took over cingular...

But I recently tried to switch my plan/setup and it drove me mad.

GOOD LUCK ever dealing with ATT customer service.

On Verizon now and it's been OK. It sucks at work though (I'm in a metal building)

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
So you switched to a T-mobile plan? Did they offer you any phone deals?? My decision is going to be based on getting new phones.

I did stick with my old unlimited plan. But I thought I recall T-Mobile will be phasing out our old Sprint plans pretty soon if not already. Come to think of it. I think mine has been phased out. We never had hotspot or used hotspot in the past. But recently I had seen my wife’s phone pop up on my phone as a hotspot.

I do recall a phone deal. Free phone for fourth line type a thing. But there is only three of us. We dont need a fourth phone. I think we may have gotten $100 off each Apple phone we bought. This was last year though.

Reactions: GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I finally grew a pair and decided to switch to Verizon. We will be paying the same as with sprint but with all new phones. They have a promotion right now for new customers where you get trade in even if phones are cracked or damaged. The icing on the cake was $1200 in Verizon bucks for 4 new lines. I will be able to pay my phone bill for like 5 months. If any of you are considering changing, I would really really consider Verizon. Oh yeah, we also get a bunch of streaming services like Hulu, Disney, Apple Music. Next step is finally cutting the chord with Comcast. Going internet only...hold me.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I finally grew a pair and decided to switch to Verizon. We will be paying the same as with sprint but with all new phones. They have a promotion right now for new customers where you get trade in even if phones are cracked or damaged. The icing on the cake was $1200 in Verizon bucks for 4 new lines. I will be able to pay my phone bill for like 5 months. If any of you are considering changing, I would really really consider Verizon. Oh yeah, we also get a bunch of streaming services like Hulu, Disney, Apple Music. Next step is finally cutting the chord with Comcast. Going internet only...hold me.
I dropped Directv about two weeks ago. Went with a combination of AT&T TV, OTA, and the Samsung Plus channels that come with Samsung devices.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Yo. I’ve been with Sprint for like 15 years and have an unlimited plan for 4 lines for $220 per month. T-Mobile bought Sprint and I have been sent communication that they will honor all plans but we need to switch to their T-mobile SIM cards. At the Costco phone kiosk I asked what T-Mobile has for deals for people like me that are transitioning and they told me you have to switch to T-mobile and then see what they offer you. I am pessimistic and i feel like they aren’t gonna give me anything great. So I figured I would see what’s out there for new customers. I am just looking for opinions of T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon. At the Sams Club phone kiosk they offered me phone lines and three new phones for just under $200/ month with trading in our old phones. Is their coverage good? Verizon looks to be the most expensive but you get Hulu and some other streaming services for like 6 months free. Help.

I’ve been with sprint for a long time. T-Mobile just sent me a new SIM card and nothing is changing with my plan they even say continue to log in thru sprint. I have unlimited everything and pay $55 a month.

They just sent me an offer thru email for $7 a month for 24 mos upgrade to a iPhone 12 not a bad deal I have a 11 which sounds like they are taking care of me for being a long time sprint customer who pays every month and on time. I say that cause I run peoples credit and see how many people have collections from cell phone co.

And I get free Hulu

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Verizon has been great since I switched from att. The main thing was coverage in the mountains. Att did not go far from major cities where as Verizon has pretty much worked anywhere remote I’ve gone.

Icing on the cake has been great deals on phones. Traded in my 2 year old XR’s for $450 each on some 12 pro’s

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I have Tmobile. Switched a year and a half ago from AT&T. I used to pay $250 for 3 lines on AT&T and got a better military vet discount with Tmobile (still cheaper without the discount). I paid a little over $100 less than AT&T and then added a tablet line for my daughter and ended up saving even more money. So now I pay $125ish (rounding up) for 3 phone lines and a tablet, and that includes me paying $3 extra per month for Netflix (Top tier plan).

I can also get a free year of MLB streams (if I wanted). I ended up also cutting Sling TV and signed up with Hulu (a promo from black Friday), as well as Paramount +, and Peacock (using their free service). By spending what I spend for one month of Sling, I paid for the year of 2 other services.

Reactions: The Beast

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I have Tmobile. Switched a year and a half ago from AT&T. I used to pay $250 for 3 lines on AT&T and got a better military vet discount with Tmobile (still cheaper without the discount). I paid a little over $100 less than AT&T and then added a tablet line for my daughter and ended up saving even more money. So now I pay $125ish (rounding up) for 3 phone lines and a tablet, and that includes me paying $3 extra per month for Netflix (Top tier plan).

I can also get a free year of MLB streams (if I wanted). I ended up also cutting Sling TV and signed up with Hulu (a promo from black Friday), as well as Paramount +, and Peacock (using their free service). By spending what I spend for one month of Sling, I paid for the year of 2 other services.

That’s a good deal thru T-Mobile

Reactions: importcrew
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info