OFFICIAL Carvana experience thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I know a few members on here have sold their vehicles to carvana- care to share your experiences?

I did not sell my truck to carvana but I went back and forth on doing so... offers for my truck were within a 5k window for about 10 weeks straight. every 7 days you can get a "new" offer.

I also decided to pain myself, and click "get quote" after my truck had a deal on it... and it was the highest offer they offered me. albeit lower than i sold it private party for.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Had a buddy who did this recently. Said it was super painless and an easy experience. Basically once you accept go through the short process of transferring it and boom they show up during the appt time and take the car away.

From what I’ve heard as well there offers are very comparable to dealers if not better. So for the convenience of not having to leave your home and possibly deal with a shady sales person I like the concept.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
I used Vroom for my wife's 2016 MDX. They were the best offer I got, so I accepted and they overnighted a POA to my house. Signed that and sent it back with one of the car fobs, per their instructions. They got the package the next day and called to schedule the pickup, assigned a carrier and a couple days later they picked it up and overnighted a check for the difference in what I owed. Couldn't have been more smooth, and her car even had an accident on the Carfax.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I used Vroom for my wife's 2016 MDX. They were the best offer I got, so I accepted and they overnighted a POA to my house. Signed that and sent it back with one of the car fobs, per their instructions. They got the package the next day and called to schedule the pickup, assigned a carrier and a couple days later they picked it up and overnighted a check for the difference in what I owed. Couldn't have been more smooth, and her car even had an accident on the Carfax.

so i guess that's worth noting. carvana won't do any vehicles with accidents on carfax iiirc... but vroom will. good to know.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg

x2 for Vroom. Just went through the same experience last week with my wife's RDX. Vroom gave us highest offer and we were able to get out of her lease early with some equity on top. Overnighted a check to us next day.

Reactions: Dave M

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sold my 2015 Camry se with 95k on it in April 20’ to Carvana, sight unseen they gave me $9100.00 for it, dent in the fender and a crack in the front bumper cover at the bottom corner.

sold my wife’s Durango in June 2020 which was a lease that was to end in December 2020, Carvana wanted me to pay $1100.00, checked with vroom and they paid me $900.00.

my mom sold her Mercedes CLA 250 to Carvana and they gave her 22k for it, where the benz dealer was at 15k and even her own dealer she run was only going to give her 16-17k.

I check our current cars every now and then, currently to can sell my 4Runner for more then I paid for it a year ago.

Reactions: dun4791 and Yaj Yak

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Great news we re appraised my girls Acura MDX and they gave us an extra $1120 from last weeks appraisal with same info.

I uploaded our ID
Odometer pic
10 day payoff
Odometer disclosure from bank
Waiting one day on everything to go thru and hopefully they will pick it up by Friday or Saturday

Time to start locking up her new ride by next week.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I filled out the form on a van that I’m selling right now. I have it listed private party for $14,500. Good negotiating point at minimum, if it sits around another couple days I may just let them buy it lol.

43624991-1B12-4035-9876-9CCE1135DA51.png

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
yeah. rental shit won't hit a carfax 9 times outta 10. prettttty shady.
That’s because rental car companies are privately insured and don’t need to report.

had a customer back in Chicago that would buy total loss clean titled rents cars and then rebuild them with oem parts, he had about 4-5 new car dealerships in the Chicago land area who would buy the cars as the had a clean carfax and non salvage title.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
but yeah. enter prizzzze and others id bet- are self-insured.

aka they have enough cash on hand to fix anything ever and always. and any claims against them they can just pay out on

what that means is awesomely shady b-shops "ficks" their vehicles as fucking shiiitttttty as possible.
That’s because rental car companies are privately insured and don’t need to report.

had a customer back in Chicago that would buy total loss clean titled rents cars and then rebuild them with oem parts, he had about 4-5 new car dealerships in the Chicago land area who would buy the cars as the had a clean carfax and non salvage title.

i said dat doe

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
A girl pulled up in a juke and knocked on the door and introduced herself from carvana had a few papers to sign and wired us the money instantly. I got the email right away and she said I’ll take the 2 keys and consider it sold and thank you very much a truck will be by to pick up the Acura in a few hours. It was easy and that extra $1100 we got for re-appraising it made the deal even sweeter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info