OFFICIAL Carvana experience thread

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I could also see selling right now if you don’t need that car and can wait it out until pricing more normalizes.

what if it doesn't though?

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
HD trucks hold their value's so fucking well. i should have bought an HD truck instead of my last 1500 and id maybe have made fucking money
Listen up boys if u can swing the payment do it

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
i think Shawn1112 Shawn1112 said he's gonna drive a work vehicle he has, i really think it seems like it's most people selling 2nd or 3rd vehicles too :rofl:

@Great White Drake i think said he's gonna wait and buy a truck at some point
Im going to buy a used Hoe and pay cash. Bank my payments until I make my next impulse buy. Will drive my Sprinter until deal is closed on my 21 Hoe.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Having the cash and leasing a new car is the way to go at the moment, once the market settles down, offload the lease to vroom or Carvana and get that dadf150 going!
If I didn’t put so many damn miles on my vehicles. I’d lease something really nice.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Im going to buy a used Hoe and pay cash. Bank my payments until I make my next impulse buy. Will drive my Sprinter until deal is closed on my 21 Hoe.

sprinters ftmfw

Bru

Donating Member
Reaction score
what if it doesn't though?
You’re right, I wasn’t clear on timeline. There are short term solutions to the chip shortage but it’s not gonna make a big dent until end of year or into 2022. Current crazy prices could also be because demand is so high right now from consumers putting off buying in 2020 paired with tax refunds and stimmies hitting bank accounts. Spring is usually a big time for used car sales anyway. So there might be some relief into the summer/fall.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
You’re right, I wasn’t clear on timeline. There are short term solutions to the chip shortage but it’s not gonna make a big dent until end of year or into 2022. Current crazy prices could also be because demand is so high right now from consumers putting off buying in 2020 paired with tax refunds and stimmies hitting bank accounts. Spring is usually a big time for used car sales anyway. So there might be some relief into the summer/fall.

i dont want to be right though :rofl:

driving this 11 year old conversion van starting to weigh on me

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
it's just crazy to see 4 year old HD diesel trucks for sale listed for what i know they were selling for new :rofl:
I took in a 2020 xl crew Godzilla motor 3000 miles and mmr was 49,500 which is controlled by carvana and vroom now. Msrp was $50900 when néw it’s just stupid for used to be that high. I can’t justify putting 49k in it when I can sell a new one for cheaper if I wanted too.

frank

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I took in a 2020 xl crew Godzilla motor 3000 miles and mmr was 49,500 which is controlled by carvana and vroom now. Msrp was $50900 when néw it’s just stupid for used to be that high. I can’t justify putting 49k in it when I can sell a new one for cheaper if I wanted too.
Does the new one have incentives?

DEEZUZ

"and the world is full of dreamers"
Donating Member
Reaction score
go drive around the backwoods where people dont have the internetz and aren't sellin' their pride and joy's to no internet witchcraft
Snap on guy legit just picked up a 96 econoline 351 150k with shag rug and rotating captains chairs and sweet ladder on the back for $2000

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Snap on guy legit just picked up a 96 econoline 351 150k with shag rug and rotating captains chairs and sweet ladder on the back for $2000
It’s prob worth $200 on carvana

blue-sun

Addict
Reaction score
HD trucks hold their value's so fucking well. i should have bought an HD truck instead of my last 1500 and id maybe have made fucking money
One of my buddies has had an order in to GM for a 2500 HD for 2-3 months now. He's got a very particular truck that he wants (2500 diesel black, double cab, standard bed) and he can't find one locally and they won't build him one. I've known him for going on 17 years now and he's only ever owned black Silverado's and he just bought a camper and needs the 2500 HD to haul it around. I found him a red or white one, he wants black. LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom