OFFICIAL Carvana experience thread

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Ran the numbers on my Jetta GLI on both Carvana and Vroom. Their numbers were within $200 or each other.

might put it up private party and see if I can get that extra 3-4K out of it. I’ll have to clean it up and get new pics and get it posted everywhere.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Ran the numbers on my Jetta GLI on both Carvana and Vroom. Their numbers were within $200 or each other.

might put it up private party and see if I can get that extra 3-4K out of it. I’ll have to clean it up and get new pics and get it posted everywhere.

If u are getting another VW they might match the offer from carvana and u can get a tax credit on 10k

Reactions: blue-sun

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Vroom did better than carvana by $1k for the boss, still not enough to convince me though

5AA8E9D2-38C4-4BD1-8547-8E380FED59EA.jpeg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I purchased from Carvana... it was a previous rental it seems, which had its bumper repainted off the radar. Its headed to the paint shop tomorrow to get repaired.

I'm helping someone car shop now who was looking at one-year-old BMW 330s with 20,000 miles, logged on CarFax under, "Corporate fleet vehicle" with no ownership history and no maintenance history. That didn't register with me at first until I remembered that last year I rented a brand new 330 at Enterprise for the same price as a Yaris :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm helping someone car shop now who was looking at one-year-old BMW 330s with 20,000 miles, logged on CarFax under, "Corporate fleet vehicle" with no ownership history and no maintenance history. That didn't register with me at first until I remembered that last year I rented a brand new 330 at Enterprise for the same price as a Yaris :rofl:

the whipple f150 i have listed for sale is registered to our work but it's the owner's personal vehicle, but it shows up as corporate fleet vehicle too

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
There was a whole fleet of 1-year-old BMW 330s with 20,000 miles; it wasn't just a one-off. The strangest thing was no ownership history (not even a selling history or in-service date) and no maintenance history.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
There was a whole fleet of 1-year-old BMW 330s with 20,000 miles; it wasn't just a one-off. The strangest thing was no ownership history (not even a selling history or in-service date) and no maintenance history.
that's weird. when i worked at the big E we were hardcore as fuck about oil changes because the manager's were graded on how often it happened.

i wonder where these were at

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
BMW loans cars out for bmw sponsored events, and bmw employees are given bmw’s as part of their compensation package. Could be that also.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
i feel like those would at least trigger some maintenance marks on carfax though
Maintenance is ran under the Bmw corporate customer info when serviced at bmw dealers. I Have family and friends that work at a bmw dealer and one who works at bmw corporate in Schaumburg.

bmw and Mercedes are notorious for adding cars into fleet to just move units and report them sold.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Maintenance is ran under the Bmw corporate customer info when serviced at bmw dealers. I Have family and friends that work at a bmw dealer and one who works at bmw corporate in Schaumburg.

bmw and Mercedes are notorious for adding cars into fleet to just move units and report them sold.

right but that customer info when serviced would likely trigger a carfax service mark.

edit- unless BMW facilities never trigger a carfax mark.

cuz im looking now at 330i's on carvana and im not seeing any maintenance marks on the carfaxes.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
right but that customer info when serviced would likely trigger a carfax service mark.

edit- unless BMW facilities never trigger a carfax mark.

cuz im looking now at 330i's on carvana and im not seeing any maintenance marks on the carfaxes.
Not sure on this, but the maintenance is still free and should be reported.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info