Official, Brand Spanking New, 2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Gotta be better than 2019? (It's NOT)

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Here are the Bears continuing needs in order of urgency....

Offensive line - need at the very least a startable guard AND tackle.
Starting CB - We cut Prince....still need someone to replace him...Skrine is a slot corner at best.
Safety - We need a starting safety and depth. Everyone except Jackson is a FA.
Inside linebacker depth - Lost Kwit and Pierre-Louis, need to bolster that position
Wide receiver depth - maybe Ridley comes out of hiding or we find out what some scouts were yelling, that he's not a good receiver...
D-line and OLB depth - Lost Williams to Detroit and Lynch is a FA, Floyd cut.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
After all the moves, looks like the Bears have around $7.4M in cap space, would have to see how much they need for the draft, but they are still pretty tight. They restructured Whitehairs contract to free up come space.

Also, itā€™s being reported that the Bears were really never that interested in Cam because of injury concerns

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
David Carr is out of his goddamn mind...

Nick Foles, Chicago Bears

Old team: Jacksonville Jaguars

Bears fans have wondered for months now: Will Mitchell Trubisky be our starting quarterback in 2020? Well, I think you have your answer. Trubisky will likely take a backseat to Super Bowl LII MVP Nick Foles. Trubisky has struggled going through his reads and getting the ball to the open guy, while Foles excels at ripping through his progressions to find the right target. The veteran quarterback has done that for so long that I'm convinced he could stay in quarantine for six months, roll out of bed and run Matt Nagy's offense well.

I realize Foles is coming off an injury-abbreviated nightmare year with the Jaguars, but that's a thing of the past. In Chicago, he will have better offensive weapons and a ferocious defense that will routinely provide good field position. Right now, I see Foles having one of his best seasons.

2020 production: 65 percent completion rate, 4,000 pass yards, 28 TDs, 5 INTs.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Yeah, the big mistake was Trubisky. WTH was Pace thinking? He didn't need to move up.

Imagine in a perfect, Bears bizarro land Trubisky had been Mahomes. That thought blows my mind. Would we have won this year's SuperBowl?

Pace probably drifted off to sleep every night thinking that would happen before he picked Trubisky. Draft day came and he couldn't wait.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
2020 NFL Free Agent Team Grades: NFC North

bearsb_logo.gif
Chicago Bears: F
Acquired: QB Nick Foles, TE Jimmy Graham, OT/G Germain Ifedi, DE Robert Quinn, DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo, CB Artie Burns, S Jordan Lucas.
Lost: QB Chase Daniel, WR Taylor Gabriel, DT Nick Williams, DE/OLB Leonard Floyd, DE/OLB Aaron Lynch, LB Nick Kwiatkoski, LB Kevin Pierre-Louis, S Sherrick McManis.

The Bears must believe it's 2015. Think about it, and it'll make sense. Nick Foles was considered a promising quarterback worth a big contract back then. Jimmy Graham was actually able to walk properly in that year. Robert Quinn was coming off a monstrous season. Germain Ifedi, Artie Burns and Barkevious Mingo were in the range of being described as hot, young prospects. If we were grading the Bears in 2015, they'd get an "A."

Unfortunately for the Bears, it's not 2015. They've taken on Foles' terrible contract and gave up resources to do so. Graham can't walk properly. Quinn is a known failure in the 3-4. And Ifedi, Mingo and Burns have all failed in the NFL.

I don't understand what Ryan Pace is doing, but no one should be surprised. This is the man who not only passed on Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson for Mitchell Trubisky, but traded up to do so.

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info