Official, Brand Spanking New, 2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Gotta be better than 2019? (It's NOT)

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
What position do you guys want the Bears to take in round 2 (two picks, 43 and 50)?

Offensive Tackle is really deep this draft. Bears need a Guard more but do they pass on a potential starting Tackle? Maybe a back up for year 1 and then replacing Massie or Leno?

WR is also a position where they could get someone who could take the top off the Defense.

Will they trade one of their 2nd round picks for two 3s in 2020 and a 5 in 2021? Numbers on draft position say that's about what their picks are worth.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Agreed, need a starting corner. But also need at least 1, but probably 2 quality offensive linemen. Receiver is important, but down the list of needs IMO. Safety definitely of high importance too, but I donā€™t think weā€™re going to find a ā€˜Bama safety in the 4th again...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Draft Dr. Phil has an extensive review of Robert Quinn.

After watching, it looks like Quinn is a big step up from Floyd. Quinn is at least as quick/fast but also has power and moves. He ducks outside the tackle, jukes inside, bullrushes, stunts, things that Floyd never picked up. If a TE tries to stop him, it's man vs. boy. It looks like the Bears may have a good pair of bookends on the D line. Plus Hicks, Goldman and Nichols pushing up the middle. Could be fun.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Bears run modified versions of 3-4. Base isn't used all the time.

Bears need to adjust the D to match the skills. Run the Safety up when Quinn is rushing because the QB probably won't have time to throw deep. Cover the short passes and dump offs while Mack and Quinn converge. Bears did a similar thing with Floyd and Quinn looks like he can do better at it.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Bears run modified versions of 3-4. Base isn't used all the time.

Bears need to adjust the D to match the skills. Run the Safety up when Quinn is rushing because the QB probably won't have time to throw deep. Cover the short passes and dump offs while Mack and Quinn converge. Bears did a similar thing with Floyd and Quinn looks like he can do better at it.
Leaves someone one on one, only need 2 seconds to throw a deep ball. Unless we sign or draft a decent corner then your idea isnt going to work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info