Official, Brand Spanking New, 2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Gotta be better than 2019? (It's NOT)

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 219Cobra

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Once again the Lions justify Trubisky as a starter in the league. As for your upcoming struggles with real NFL teams as a result of this, I apologize.

Hopefully Bluto is gone after this. Over the course of 2+ years of football, you don't habitually blow 4th quarter leads without pointing the finger squarely at the coaching. The dude is a fucking idiot. And seeing Pats come to the team and become Lionized so quick with the lack of discipline and respect.... Fucking trash.

Was an engaging game to watch at least though.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Glad we won, but the Lions lost that game more than the Bears won the game.
I will say this though, you guys all know how I feel about Tru Bust Ski. But that ball he threw to Miller for the go ahead TD was probably the best ball he has thrown in his career. I'll give credit when credit is due and he gets credit there for throwing one hell of a ball.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
SUPERBOWL BOND!!!!
He has Shawn's approval.
Fuck no it doesnt, they still suck imo. Mitch was still Mitch for 3qtrs, 1 good qtr doesnt sell me on him, still a fucking bum imo.
As mentioned above, the Lions lost that game more than the Bears won it.
I'd like to know where our vaunted defense was, granted they were tired towards the end of the game. But what did they end up with, 1 sack and 1 pick and that pick was more luck as the ball was deflected 15' in the air. What did Mack have, like 2-3 tackles?

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Yeah the defense was....lackluster in the 2nd half. Could be a conditioning thing, first game of the season :dunno:

Lots to decompress from that game...first blush, the line seems "better", still some serious issues with pass blocking, but run blocking seemed much better. As Shawn said, Mitch was Mitch for 3 quarters...and you can't win games against decent NFL teams like that. Jimmy Graham is about as good as I was expecting, which is not good. His TD Mitch had to make only a halfway decent throw, but a couple of times he just forgot to jump or jumped too early (WTF?). Kmet was basically non-existent...Receivers looked good, when the balls were actually thrown to them...

On defense, rookie corner Johnson, seems OK. Obviously first NFL game, but there seems to be enough there. Eddie Goldman is definitely being missed up front....run stuffing is MUCH worse without him...AP always runs hard against the Bears, but I could've gotten through some of those holes...Trevathan and Mack were conspicuously absent...makes me wonder if we should've kept Kwit, a player on the rise, instead of Trevathan a player in decline. Smith seemed to be all over the field, and seemed one of the lone bright spots. The safeties were eehh, blew a couple big plays. But Skrine and Fuller were solid too...I just don't know where the pass rush is....Mingo is definitely not Quinn, but Quinn is also out of position in a 3-4....we'll see.

Also, welcome to the league rookie...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info