Official, Brand Spanking New, 2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Gotta be better than 2019? (It's NOT)

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Ive seen rumors the Bears might go after Sam Darnold. How do you guys feel about him?
I think he is one of those guys that could really benefit from a change of scenery. He has had either a new coach or coordinator every year iirc, and Gase was his last OC so that says a lot lol. His O-Line was probably worse than the Bears last year. I wouldnt be mad if the Bears gave up a 3rd this year (if they have a 3rd) and a 3rd or 4th next year.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Ive seen rumors the Bears might go after Sam Darnold. How do you guys feel about him?
I think he is one of those guys that could really benefit from a change of scenery. He has had either a new coach or coordinator every year iirc, and Gase was his last OC so that says a lot lol. His O-Line was probably worse than the Bears last year. I wouldnt be mad if the Bears gave up a 3rd this year (if they have a 3rd) and a 3rd or 4th next year.

I agree. Hes had a rough go in NY for sure and think the change of scenery would benefit him.

The problem is if Chicago qualifies as that with a front office in flux and no idea if theyll have jobs next year, and being in the same spot with a new OC year after year.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I agree. Hes had a rough go in NY for sure and think the change of scenery would benefit him.

The problem is if Chicago qualifies as that with a front office in flux and no idea if theyll have jobs next year, and being in the same spot with a new OC year after year.
Well thats going to be true for whoever their next QB is. I think if they win 10 games and a playoff game, those guys arent getting fired. Highly doubt they will win 10 games after seeing who they have to play next year lol

• Haha
Reactions: FESTER665

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Sam Darnold.... ?

Just what the bears need, another subpar QB.
With a new head coach or and a new O Cord every year of his career probably fucked him up. I'm not saying he is the next Mahomes or Watson, but imo he is an upgrade over what we have now. Also as mentioned I wouldnt give up a 1st for him, a 3rd this year and next year might not be bad. I guess I'm just dreaming/hoping that he will pull a Tannenhill lol, change of scenery helped him.

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
With a new head coach or and a new O Cord every year of his career probably fucked him up. I'm not saying he is the next Mahomes or Watson, but imo he is an upgrade over what we have now. Also as mentioned I wouldnt give up a 1st for him, a 3rd this year and next year might not be bad. I guess I'm just dreaming/hoping that he will pull a Tannenhill lol, change of scenery helped him.

Agreed.

His best bet honestly would be go somewhere with a veteran QB whos likely in his last year, that has a coaching staff whos not going anywhere so he can spend a year as a backup and getting to know the system, then step in as the starter.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Wonderlic scores should tell you some about if you wanted to use that as a metric......

Rex Grossman - 29
Jay Cutler - 26
Mitch Trubisky - 25

Sam Darnold - 28
Carson Wentz - 40

Of course those dont tell you the physical abilities to cover some of that up, of the scheme the coaching staff uses to play to their strengths when you see things like the following:
Mahomes - 24
Watson - 20

Then you see Rodgers at 35, Brady at 33, etc.....

Ryan Fitzpatrick at a 48, but he went to Harvard so Im not surprised at all.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
He is the only realistic trade option as of today. Carr isnt going anywhere unless the Raiders pull off a draft night trade to move up from where they are at.

People would be better off going after Mariota. I donā€™t think the Raiders will deal Carr unless theyā€™re getting Watson somehow.

Reactions: Shawn1112

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
He is the only realistic trade option as of today. Carr isnt going anywhere unless the Raiders pull off a draft night trade to move up from where they are at.

I guess my frustration is (amongst other things with this organization), at this point in time, don't bother with the trade. You aren't really getting much over what you have now. While what you have now may not want to be here, he is under contract. Stick it out another season, which I predict will be another failure and then Pace, Nagy and biscuits will be gone anyway. Then starting over.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I guess my frustration is (amongst other things with this organization), at this point in time, don't bother with the trade. You aren't really getting much over what you have now. While what you have now may not want to be here, he is under contract. Stick it out another season, which I predict will be another failure and then Pace, Nagy and biscuits will be gone anyway. Then starting over.
You dont have to tell me about frustration, its soooooo fucking hard to be a Bears fan right now. 1 SB appearance since 85 and since that SB appearance in 2006. They have had 4 winning seasons and been to playoffs 3 times. Thats fucking horrible for a team thats plays in a big market like Chgo.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info