⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Exactly. There will be 3 or 4 people in each of the other thread talking about nothing really, the action will still stay here because of that jibber/jabber we have.
That might turn out to be the case. But it was literally impossible to have a discussion about, say, the Cubs calling up a player or their pitching lineup in the next series against the Reds since it would get buried so fast by 30 other insult comments between 4 or 5 people in this thread.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Mervis needs to hit daily not sit on the bench. I cant see him playing enough to justify the call up.
Candelerio and Belly are just fine playing 1st

PCA isnt ready offensively yet, and I question if he ever will be. Lets hope he isnt Albert Almora v2
He gets the call up over Mervis imo, and its probably as a late inning defensive replacement and or pinch runner
Agreed that the younger kids need to keep getting playing time in the minors to continue development and not stagnate on the bench. I do like our regular position players and current options for playing matchups, although maybe Wisdom should just stay an occasional DH and pitch hitter at this point going forward. I'm just interested in speculating about what might happen, although we'll find out tomorrow.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
And everything is downtown
Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Agreed that the younger kids need to keep getting playing time in the minors to continue development and not stagnate on the bench. I do like our regular position players and current options for playing matchups, although maybe Wisdom should just stay an occasional DH and pitch hitter at this point going forward. I'm just interested in speculating about what might happen, although we'll find out tomorrow.
FUCK WISDOM, he has no fucking business being on a MLB roster. I expect them to lose every time he starts a game.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
Huggerorange73 Huggerorange73 I'm dying to hear your thoughts on the hiring of Getz. I'm going with a gut feeling that you will put a Flyn spin on it

670 was ripping the SUX a new asshole all morning. I never realized how bad Getz really was.
Hired as the head of player development in 2017, so he is responsible for the development of the non-fundamental clowns on the current team

Also heard Grifol said he was proud of his offense this season. As a team they are the 4th worst in baseball with a WRC+ of 86.
How the fuck can you be proud of that
No spin.

Another internal hire, wash rinse repeat.

Jerry is 87, this will all end shortly...when he goes, this will stop.

Undoubtedly, the new owner will clean house and Getz will just be a footnote.

Until then it is what it is, I've got bigger things on my plate then to stomp around about shit I can't control.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
FUCK WISDOM, he has no fucking business being on a MLB roster. I expect them to lose every time he starts a game.
He has more HRs than he has singles this season, which is crazy. Barely batting .200 with 102 Ks in 238 at bats is pathetic and difficult to justify in any MLB starting lineup. His defense has also deteriorated. He started off the season pretty hot for the 1st 2 months, hurt his wrist in June, and then struggled ever since. Long term history doesn't help indicate that he'll be any better than he is right now, though. If they demoted him for someone else, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest...

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
He has more HRs than he has singles this season, which is crazy. Barely batting .200 with 102 Ks in 238 at bats is pathetic and difficult to justify in any MLB starting lineup. His defense has also deteriorated. He started off the season pretty hot for the 1st 2 months, hurt his wrist in June, and then struggled ever since. Long term history doesn't help indicate that he'll be any better than he is right now, though. If they demoted him for someone else, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest...
Career minor leaguer for a reason

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
Like politics? Sorry broski, but you left yourself wide open for that one lol

But I respect everything else you said
I know you have let others fool you into thinking I'm Flyn...I'm not.

I just don't waste my time stomping around about it.

Like I told you before, Sox are a family thing for me...always have been. Kept my dad and I connected, it keeps my sons and I connected.

These guys are my ride or die, and while I wish they operated like the Dodgers or Yankees...I know they won't.

But that will never stop me from going to the park and making memories with my kids, and I'm thinking you won't agree with that..but can respect it.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
But that will never stop me from going to the park and making memories with my kids, and I'm thinking you won't agree with that..but can respect it.
I can agree with that part. Ive mentioned before when people give me shit about going to SUX games, and I have went to Guaranteed Rape more the last 3 yrs that Wrigley. I simply go to hang out with my brother and friends who are like brothers to me. Plus its baseball, I can and do root for the other team. If my son or daughter asked me to go to Wrigley with them, I would. My daughter is like me though, she loves the Cubs like I do and is also semi-boycotting them. She will go if a bunch of her friends are going, she is in her 20's so its still party time for her.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Career minor leaguer for a reason
I appreciate that he was basically a place filler for the Cubs at 3rd base the last couple years until they had someone that was better. I'm satisfied with Madrigal handling it now for the rest of the year. Morel and Candelario can fill in there too when needed.

Thread Info