Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The safe place to talk about the White Sox.

1693502215587.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Huggerorange73

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Go cubs. Would rather see the cubs win.

I enjoyed going to Comisky Park as a kid. Their stadium has always been solid.

Don’t watch much sports, or baseball, but totally bandwagoned and watched the Cubs win the World Series. Why is it a “world” series when it’s just teams from the US? 🤔

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
You know what we need? A thread that combines Sox and Cubs fans, so that we can jibber jabber back and forth. That's what made this thread fun.
That's kinda what this thread is, right? Just trash talk between fans? I'm for it continuing, but it just takes away from any actual baseball content between fans looking to have a baseball team focused discussion. That's why I think it makes sense to at least try to have the 2 other threads devoted to the separate teams. This one is great for the Cross-Town Rivalry games and talking crap about the other fans, ballparks, ownership problems, level of suckness, etc...

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The non baseball content in here begs to have 2 separate threads where one is solely for Cubs related content with no mentions of the Sox, and another for White Sox related content with no mention of the Cubs. The anti-fan sparring and trash talking about the other Chicago team and fans really dissuades anyone from participating in any actual baseball related matters for both teams...
I'm still gonna go talk shit in the SUX thread. Shoulda just kept them together
Problem with that is, as a sox fan, I agree more with the resident big dick cubs fan than the sox homer 😂😂
My nigga and for the record, I dont have a big dick.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Huggerorange73 Huggerorange73 I'm dying to hear your thoughts on the hiring of Getz. I'm going with a gut feeling that you will put a Flyn spin on it

670 was ripping the SUX a new asshole all morning. I never realized how bad Getz really was.
Hired as the head of player development in 2017, so he is responsible for the development of the non-fundamental clowns on the current team

Also heard Grifol said he was proud of his offense this season. As a team they are the 4th worst in baseball with a WRC+ of 86.
How the fuck can you be proud of that

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Taking 2 of 3 was essential in keeping them in the hunt. Looks like they'll get to add 2 more players to the roster for tomorrow. Pitcher and a fielder like Mervis perhaps?
Mervis needs to hit daily not sit on the bench. I cant see him playing enough to justify the call up.
Candelerio and Belly are just fine playing 1st
I wouldn't mind seeing PCA get called up, but he's cooled off since being promoted to AAA.

Stroman seems like he's not gonna be rushed back anytime soon, especially if the team can lean on the other starters to keep putting in quality starts.
PCA isnt ready offensively yet, and I question if he ever will be. Lets hope he isnt Albert Almora v2
He gets the call up over Mervis imo, and its probably as a late inning defensive replacement and or pinch runner

Thread Info