⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
Going to be a fucking great trip!

Also hitting the ASU baseball game Friday night!

Screenshot_20230202_113638_Ticketmaster.jpg

Screenshot_20230202_113618_Ballpark.jpg

Reactions: Shawn1112

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
Grifol was asked yesterday if the Clevinger thing will be a distraction, he replied no, lmmfao. Yeah okay buddy, you can tell yourself that.
Still waiting for Chet Donnelly Ryan02Stang to let me know how he feels, being he had a fucking heart attack when the Cubs traded for Chapman.
Innocent until proven guilty.

Very interesting that MLB is letting him play during an ongoing investigation....does that mean it's not a solid case against him?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Innocent until proven guilty.

Very interesting that MLB is letting him play during an ongoing investigation....does that mean it's not a solid case against him?
I've already agreed with you on that. But Ryan had a fucking heart attack over Chapman who was never charged as well.
He was suspended over "allegations" which is exactly what this is as of now. Pretty strong allegations, I might add especially if he did in fact throw chew on his kid. He did have a connection to the Bauer case, so he has that going against him imo.

His BM or X Wife or whatever she is, was on 670 yesterday giving an interview.

Reactions: GLADIATOR

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Grifol was asked yesterday if the Clevinger thing will be a distraction, he replied no, lmmfao. Yeah okay buddy, you can tell yourself that.
Still waiting for Chet Donnelly Ryan02Stang to let me know how he feels, being he had a fucking heart attack when the Cubs traded for Chapman.

Very big difference here.

1. The cubs signed Chapman after they already knew he was a wife/child abuser.
2. The Sox had already signed Clevinger before all of this came out. At this point, the Sox best bet is to let the league do its investigation, and if found true Clevinger is gone and the Sox don't have to pay for him. If you cut him now, you have to pay.

You can't even remotely compare these situations.

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Very big difference here.

1. The cubs signed Chapman after they already knew he was a wife/child abuser.
2. The Sox had already signed Clevinger before all of this came out. At this point, the Sox best bet is to let the league do its investigation, and if found true Clevinger is gone and the Sox don't have to pay for him. If you cut him now, you have to pay.

You can't even remotely compare these situations.
First off, they traded for Chapman
2nd, please show me when he was accused of child abuse
3rd, please show me proof that he abused his Wife, he wasnt criminally charged, she denied it, witnesses at his house the night in question said it didnt happen. He was suspended for firing a gun which he admitted to, and allegations of domestic abuse that were unproven.

Cant compare these situations is funny AF. Your right because Clevinger is not only accused of domestic abuse on his BM, he is also accused of child abuse which Chapman never was accused of. But its the SUX so its okay by Ryan, had it been the Cubs who signed Clevinger you would be singing a different tune. Probably along the lines that the Cubs are known for signing dudes that whoop their wifes or BM. Just like when Ryan had a problem with Cubs players wearing jewlery. But when a bunch of the latin players on the SUX started doing it, Ryan was okay with it....GTFO. If your going to open your mouth about something, then fucking stand on it 100%, not just when it fits your narrative.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
First off, they traded for Chapman
2nd, please show me when he was accused of child abuse
3rd, please show me proof that he abused his Wife, he wasnt criminally charged, she denied it, witnesses at his house the night in question said it didnt happen. He was suspended for firing a gun which he admitted to, and allegations of domestic abuse that were unproven.

Cant compare these situations is funny AF. Your right because Clevinger is not only accused of domestic abuse on his BM, he is also accused of child abuse which Chapman never was accused of. But its the SUX so its okay by Ryan, had it been the Cubs who signed Clevinger you would be singing a different tune. Probably along the lines that the Cubs are known for signing dudes that whoop their wifes or BM. Just like when Ryan had a problem with Cubs players wearing jewlery. But when a bunch of the latin players on the SUX started doing it, Ryan was okay with it....GTFO. If your going to open your mouth about something, then fucking stand on it 100%, not just when it fits your narrative.

1st., the Cubs traded for Chapman AFTER they knew he was a wife/child abuser
2nd., You can google the articles. Chapman discharged his firearm INSIDE his home with a child in he house. That is child abuse no matter how you want to spin it.
3rd.., This has nothing to do with a narrative because they are two completely different situations.

Don't let your blue blood cloud your brain....

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
1st., the Cubs traded for Chapman AFTER they knew he was a wife/child abuser
2nd., You can google the articles. Chapman discharged his firearm INSIDE his home with a child in he house. That is child abuse no matter how you want to spin it.
3rd.., This has nothing to do with a narrative because they are two completely different situations.

Don't let your blue blood cloud your brain....
Again being you dont understand, after he was ACCUSED of domestic abuse against his WIFE. He was never criminally charged and never admitted to physically abusing his wife. She never said so either. Just like your pitcher is being ACCUSED of something worst as he is ACCUSED of throwing chew on a kid.
Again, it fits your narrative so its okay.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
In the last 4 decades including the current one, the # of decades a team was over .500

• 1990-99
• 2000-09
• 2010-19
• 2020-
Shocked the almighty Cubs had 1 of 4.
View attachment 152240
Thats cute and since we wanna get petty today.
As mentioned before, the SUX have won 3 playoff series the last 105 years. All of them were in 2005
So a lot of good it did being above .500 all those decades

• Haha
Reactions: Huggerorange73

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
Thats cute and since we wanna get petty today.
As mentioned before, the SUX have won 3 playoff series the last 105 years. All of them were in 2005
So a lot of good it did being above .500 all those decades
Just stating facts sir.

I realize the Cubs have way more rings than the Sox do, but I'm trying to make myself feel better about it.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Just stating facts sir.

I realize the Cubs have way more rings than the Sox do, but I'm trying to make myself feel better about it.
I'm just stating facts as well. I thought somewhere along the line we both agreed each team winning 1 WS each in the last 100 years is horrible.
But if you ever wanna get petty like today, just know I can go there with the best of them.

Asking for Lead Pipe Lead Pipe. Do you have "its raining men" on repeat today, prancing around the house in stilettos?

Also you guys think I bash the SUX 100% of the time. Make it like 99.9%, as I cant knock the Elvis Andrus signing. Other than his god awful 1st name, if he stays healthy and can produce like last year while with the SUX. Then they got a steal at $3m, but I suspect he wont stay healthy or produce like he did with the SUX.

Thread Info