TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
They do but Ive yet to find a reason for it...just take a video,.
When you're taking pics with kids, you gotta rapid fire the pics and then find the best one and edit which portion of the live photo is best. Freaking little jumping beans that like to close their eyes and turn their heads at separate times.

Reactions: importcrew

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
that's not reassuring.

so, i ordered it oct 31st. it said "shipping" blah blah every time i checked the order. december rolled around i was like wtf you pricks.

i messaged customer support and was like hey, where's my shit. they were like oh you cancelled your order, im like fuck no i didn't. they're like haha you're right, we canceled it cuz you never approved it. i was like wtf are you talking about it said on my end it was shipping, i approved my order when i ordered it you fucks. they're like it's ok haha don't worry about it haha all good haha we'll just re enter the order.

well aight cool im like i still get the $700 in bill credits for doing it? YEA TOTALLY THEY SAY

COOL.

they submit the order. i get email confirmation for it. says $400 in bill credits for trade in im like wtf you buffoons. message customer support again. they're like HAH DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT JUST SEND YOUR PHONE IN THEN YOU'LL GET THE 700 im like wtf are you talking about just have it on the invoice then im not going to be on the hook for a g-note for a phone for a hope.

so this is the second half of that convo:

1673617775313.png

1673617829979.png

• Sad
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
so, i ordered it oct 31st. it said "shipping" blah blah every time i checked the order. december rolled around i was like wtf you pricks.

i messaged customer support and was like hey, where's my shit. they were like oh you cancelled your order, im like fuck no i didn't. they're like haha you're right, we canceled it cuz you never approved it. i was like wtf are you talking about it said on my end it was shipping, i approved my order when i ordered it you fucks. they're like it's ok haha don't worry about it haha all good haha we'll just re enter the order.

well aight cool im like i still get the $700 in bill credits for doing it? YEA TOTALLY THEY SAY

COOL.

they submit the order. i get email confirmation for it. says $400 in bill credits for trade in im like wtf you buffoons. message customer support again. they're like HAH DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT JUST SEND YOUR PHONE IN THEN YOU'LL GET THE 700 im like wtf are you talking about just have it on the invoice then im not going to be on the hook for a g-note for a phone for a hope.

View attachment 147211

View attachment 147213
Clifffs

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

COOL.

View attachment 147211

View attachment 147213
That three year crap for the discount is the main reason I haven't pursued upgrading my lines with trade ins, to get the discounts. It seems that is the game the carriers are playing. "Oh, we will give you $800 for your phone, over the course of the 18 or 36 month contract you have to agree to."

Fuck off. Just like KJ, I don't want to be "tied" to a carrier for that long. A year, max. Such bullshit.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I am running on 4.2 hours of sleep
Ordered phone in October with $700 credit
VZW cancelled the order, didn't tell him
Now it's $400, but "should" go higher once they evaluate his trade in (which could take 1-2 months)
Whatever the discount is ($400, $700, $3), it's to be spread out over a 36 month contract, not all at once.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire

COOL.

View attachment 147211

View attachment 147213
Sometimes chatting with their social media accounts helps produce a better result. I had a hardware failure on my internet gateway from AT&T. I get the gateway rental free for life. It's in the contract I signed when I signed up for gig service. When I got the hardware problem they sent me a new one. And in that mean time I got my new bill in with the adjusted hardware. It showed up with a rental fee. I told the agent I get the hardware for free and nobody told me of this charge and I do not approve of it. She then said I can send it back and keep the old one (even though it doesn't work) if I'd like.

I ended up messaging AT&T on Twitter and called them out on that bullshit deceitful crap and the guy messaged me and gave me $20/month off my bill. I pay $50/month for gig service. He told me to message them back when the year is up so they can help me out again. Let's see how that goes in the coming months.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
my LG has started charging awesome again and having decent enough battery life now so i might just cancel the pixel and wait again i dunno.

LG battery life has been fine, legit love this phone.

buuuuuut the usb port is shit as evidenced by my charging issues and trying to connect to my new drone remote.

so i did what any reasonable adult would do and bought the same 3 year old phone i currently have and love, brand new, off ebay.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

buuuuuut the usb port is shit as evidenced by my charging issues and trying to connect to my new drone remote.

so i did what any reasonable adult would do and bought the same 3 year old phone i currently have and love, brand new, off ebay.
I did that with my LG VX-8700. Verizon stopped carrying it, I loved it. Ended up buying two NIB off ebay for $30 (at the time). The proprietary charging port was a serious weak point. But the phone lasted me another two years, and then I gave my mom the second one when she got WFR'd and lost her work cell phone. Lasted her 2-3 years as well. When it was at its end of life, got her a Pixel 4a., which she is still using.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

Problem with this is you are kneecapping yourself right off the bat because the battery is 3 years old minimum.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Problem with this is you are kneecapping yourself right off the bat because the battery is 3 years old minimum.
legit don't care.

it was $220 if the battery lasts over a day with my typical usage for a year or two (which my "old" one i bought used currently is) it's a win for me.

legit nothing new entices me for the $1,000 it's going to cost

Thread Info