Android Official Android Thread

Has Google ever made quality hardware??
I feel like the Pixel 1 was great from a quality standpoint when it came out and pretty well on-par with other flagships. After that though, each device always had something goofy with it.

The Pixel 5 was a great phone overall, but just super understated and overpriced for what it was. Had I kept my P5 I'd still be on Android.

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
OG pixel had a microphone that would come unsoldered and quit working. Shit happens though, it just seems to happen to Google consistently. P2XL was pretty damn good, people were complaining about the Blue tent when looking at the screen off center but it didn't really bother me. I think Bluetooth has been atrocious on all pixels.

And yet I keep on buying and enjoying them

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
OK. How do you guys like the S22 Ultra? I was blown away with the new features compared to the Note 9.
I had a couple of the previous Note versions and now have the S22 Ultra. I am happy with it. It is very snappy and just works.

But I am a simpleton as I don't get the hate for all the bloatware that some get so upset about. lol

The only issue I have is the camera tones can be off at times. I've taken a selfie and my grey beard is blue in the photo. wtf? lol But most of the time the pictures are very good. The amount of zoom the camera has is great too.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I had a couple of the previous Note versions and now have the S22 Ultra. I am happy with it. It is very snappy and just works.

But I am a simpleton as I don't get the hate for all the bloatware that some get so upset about. lol

The only issue I have is the camera tones can be off at times. I've taken a selfie and my grey beard is blue in the photo. wtf? lol But most of the time the pictures are very good. The amount of zoom the camera has is great too.
surprised oh no GIF

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Alright I'm a GrapheneOS believer...dumping my daily Samsung and picking up a pixel. The battery life is nuts.

Pixel 4a....7hrs of straight screen on time for a WebEx meeting with speakerphone...after being unplugged for a day already....still had 20% charge left after the 7hr meeting :rofl: also had 3 hrs of calls in there.

signal-2022-11-16-19-56-40-473.png

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Thread Info