Android Official Android Thread

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
Mine has been out for delivery with some random ass carrier for 2 days. Not hopeful of it showing up today. Its been sitting in Elk Grove. So fucking annoyed.
Nothing is worse than watching your package just sit there or go back and forth. Hopefully you get it soon.

I mean I'll bail on pixel if I need to. The pixel 2 and 3 need to be replaced either way
Do you really wanna do that though?! Hopefully VZW has stock better than Google.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Google's shipping processes are utter shit.

Years ago I ordered my wife a Pixel (can't remember which one) on launch day and shockingly it shipped almost immediately. I watch the FedEx tracking, makes it to the Wheeling FedEx hub, and then gets stalled there. I call Google, they tell me to call FedEx. I call FedEx and they can't deliver it because Google misprinted my address as an address that didn't exist (900 was turned into 901 and there is no 901). FedEx tells me I can only come pick it up from them if Google will confirm that the address was incorrect and it was intended for me. Google told me they couldn't do it and I'd have to just order another one. Well they were backordered months at that point.

Swore off Pixel and never looked back. Sad to hear they still don't have their shit together.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Pixel 3 here as well. I've noticed a couple hiccups after the latest android update.
it's not enough to really piss me off just annoying.

My mom wants a new phone, so I may just upgrade myself at the same time.

We are both on P3s and yes I agree. mine has not been perfect but it wasn't before the update either. I'm riding it out for now. Maybe we will get a BF special or something on the P6?

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: EmersonHart13

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
Pixel 3 here as well. I've noticed a couple hiccups after the latest android update.
it's not enough to really piss me off just annoying.

My mom wants a new phone, so I may just upgrade myself at the same time.
I got my mom a Pixel 5a. She had the 3xl and she said battery is a lot better on the 5a. She wouldn't really notice any other differences though as a side effect of being 66

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Setting this thing up has been an awful experience compared to previous pixels. Nova constantly crashes. My bip u wont connect over bluetooth. Other random app quirks...restoring a whatsapp backup is taking forfucking ever. Not overly thrilled with this thing so far.

I really dont want to factory reset, as its already been like 5 hours of setting this thing up.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Phone came early. So far setup has been smooth. It's big and has a nice weight to it. Too bad the case she wants won't be here for another week.

I am praying for this phone.
6 or Pro?

And cases are like gold right now. I grabbed a cheap knockoff clear one off Amazon, that works shockingly well (its not perfect) but its to tide me over until my two Spigen cases show up and I can decide which one to keep, or just hold on to both.

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
6 or Pro?

And cases are like gold right now. I grabbed a cheap knockoff clear one off Amazon, that works shockingly well (its not perfect) but its to tide me over until my two Spigen cases show up and I can decide which one to keep, or just hold on to both.
I picked up the Spigen tough armor and air. I kept the tough armor and gave the air to my boss.

Thread Info