Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
If you're a heavy data user, you're gonna blow through FI's pathetic data "cap". Luckily it turns into unlimited data when you hit................80? a month.

Also, at least for me, FI seems to prefer Tmobile almost exclusively, despite Sprint offering better coverage at times. I'm hopeful that that wont be a big issue once Sprint and TMO better mesh their networks together. Simple enough to change networks using an app like FISwitch.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
If you're a heavy data user, you're gonna blow through FI's pathetic data "cap". Luckily it turns into unlimited data when you hit................80? a month.

Also, at least for me, FI seems to prefer Tmobile almost exclusively, despite Sprint offering better coverage at times. I'm hopeful that that wont be a big issue once Sprint and TMO better mesh their networks together. Simple enough to change networks using an app like FISwitch.

Def got the unlimited plan

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
This has to be a placebo. I feel like my phone is WAY snappier using now that Messages isnt the default. Everything just feels more fluid and snappy, maybe its just the side effect of using Textra, which is fluid and snappy. Or maybe RCS has some weird resource hogging problem?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
So been using the pixel 4a 5g for a bit now. I have 5g turned off and WiFi calling disabled. I never am near 5g and WiFi calling was giving me tons of dropped calls, weird audio issues and other problems. So I turned off WiFi all together.

This is cell network only with 5g turned off, no battery helpers turned on. Pretty happy with battery life for a work phone and for my usage it lasts forever. Maybe charge it a couple times a week.

signal-2021-03-31-084258.png

signal-2021-03-31-084344.png

Thread Info