Finally found one in stores

cast.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Android experts, could use some help. Got my mom a new Pixel 4a. Two things I'm trying to accomplish.

One, on the home screen have the text show under the icons. Right now, at default size you get a little, if the name is short enough. If I increase the font size for her (+1) then all text disappears. Is there a way to retain the text?

Two, when taking a photo and you bring up the "share" options, is there a way to modify the "share to" and "how to share" lists? Like, not have all her contacts show as "share to", and not have every option for how to share it (mail, message, print, bluetooth, etc) ?

Last time I used Android was like 7.0, many moons ago.

Thanks in advance...

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Cant modify the shares...thats managed by Google as far as I know.
That's disappointing... score one for apple there.

It's seems to be a nice phone. I'm going through the settings and turning off all the extra features that will just confuse her. Like gestures, etc. Did a test photo to make sure the photo backup to her account works and saw those options and knew right away it would be a delicate area for her to navigate. Wanted to limit the options to reduce the chance of her doing the wrong thing by accident.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Okay, another question. Home screen, the area for the "sticky" icons (phone, messages, chrome, camera). Those don't have text for the icons either, but if you drag the apps from the drawer on to the home screen they do. Any way to either get the text to show on the sticky buttons, or just turn off sticky icons so that row can be reclaimed for other icons? Like, basically replacing them with the ones from the app draw that actually show the text?

Thread Info