šŸˆ NFL Official 2022 Bears Thread - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
First 2 picks were pretty damn solid imo, but donā€™t understand why they didnt take a O-lineman or a receiver with either of those first 2 picks. 3rd pick was absolutely fucking garbage and a huge reach. I donā€™t care how fast he is, the dude flat out sucks. So Fields needed the most help and they shit the bed, setting him up for failure? Makes you wonder if what Mike Florio said a few weeks ago is true?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
First 2 picks were pretty damn solid imo, but donā€™t understand why they didnt take a O-lineman or a receiver with either of those first 2 picks. 3rd pick was absolutely fucking garbage and a huge reach. I donā€™t care how fast he is, the dude flat out sucks. So Fields needed the most help and they shit the bed, setting him up for failure? Makes you wonder if what Mike Florio said a few weeks ago is true?

What did Florio say?

Whatā€™s being done to improve the O-line?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
We are going to suck next year. Top 3 pick next year in the draft and trade Fields for another first rounder.

A team will give up a 1st round pick for Fields?

stoned GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Pretty cool story. My son texted me telling me a kid that played youth football in Streamwood with my son was signed as a undrafted free agent by the Bears. Jaylan Alexander is a year younger than my son and I remember him being a complete stud. But you see kids like that often at that age and most donā€™t make it. Hopefully he makes the practice squad or catches on with another team.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Gordon and Brisker are not what I expected but they are both great picks.

Gordon is solid as a fast, strong shut down corner. Brisker is Adrian Amos but younger and better. Another strong, fast guy. Bears did a lot to fix their D secondary this draft.

Poles ending up with 11 picks is good. Look at it this way. If the Bears hit on 5 of 6 of the original picks, I think we would all be happy. Now they have 11 players to hit 5 (or more). For a rookie GM, Poles did OK. Stayed disciplined and didn't freak out like Pace would.

5th round pick, OL Braxton Jones, is going to be good for the run game. His issues are with pass D. He's a great run blocker. With the FB signing, I am predicting Bears will run a Niners type of Offense with some GB thrown in. We will be running the football and playing D.

Velus is so fast defenses will need to scheme for him. He also led college in returns last season. Bears fixed their returner need with him and the RB they drafted. That kid is remarkably fluid and quick for a big RB. Good hands, too.

• Haha
Reactions: Maro and Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Heard on 670 this morning. Bears over/under went from 7.5 games to 6.5 games after the draft and they have an easy schedule lmmfao.
Going to be another loooonnngggg season boys. I cant see how Fields gets any better this year when they did him no favors in the draft or free agency.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
No Nathan Peterman babble? I expected a lot more (hopefully funny) banter and meme's.

Cue the dumpster fire meme.
Didnt say shit as I'm just dumfounded by that signing. He isnt even capable of running the practice squad.
I'm waiting for Mr Glass 99% full to come in and tell us how great of a signing it was. Show us all these videos of his untapped potential.

• Haha
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Pretty cool story. My son texted me telling me a kid that played youth football in Streamwood with my son was signed as a undrafted free agent by the Bears. Jaylan Alexander is a year younger than my son and I remember him being a complete stud. But you see kids like that often at that age and most donā€™t make it. Hopefully he makes the practice squad or catches on with another team.
His mom worked with my wife years ago. My wife was telling me about him. Hope he kills it and makes something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info