NFL Official 2022 Bears Thread - A New Hope

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
First 2 picks were pretty damn solid imo, but don’t understand why they didnt take a O-lineman or a receiver with either of those first 2 picks. 3rd pick was absolutely fucking garbage and a huge reach. I don’t care how fast he is, the dude flat out sucks. So Fields needed the most help and they shit the bed, setting him up for failure? Makes you wonder if what Mike Florio said a few weeks ago is true?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
First 2 picks were pretty damn solid imo, but don’t understand why they didnt take a O-lineman or a receiver with either of those first 2 picks. 3rd pick was absolutely fucking garbage and a huge reach. I don’t care how fast he is, the dude flat out sucks. So Fields needed the most help and they shit the bed, setting him up for failure? Makes you wonder if what Mike Florio said a few weeks ago is true?

What did Florio say?

What’s being done to improve the O-line?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
We are going to suck next year. Top 3 pick next year in the draft and trade Fields for another first rounder.

A team will give up a 1st round pick for Fields?

stoned GIF

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool story. My son texted me telling me a kid that played youth football in Streamwood with my son was signed as a undrafted free agent by the Bears. Jaylan Alexander is a year younger than my son and I remember him being a complete stud. But you see kids like that often at that age and most don’t make it. Hopefully he makes the practice squad or catches on with another team.

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Gordon and Brisker are not what I expected but they are both great picks.

Gordon is solid as a fast, strong shut down corner. Brisker is Adrian Amos but younger and better. Another strong, fast guy. Bears did a lot to fix their D secondary this draft.

Poles ending up with 11 picks is good. Look at it this way. If the Bears hit on 5 of 6 of the original picks, I think we would all be happy. Now they have 11 players to hit 5 (or more). For a rookie GM, Poles did OK. Stayed disciplined and didn't freak out like Pace would.

5th round pick, OL Braxton Jones, is going to be good for the run game. His issues are with pass D. He's a great run blocker. With the FB signing, I am predicting Bears will run a Niners type of Offense with some GB thrown in. We will be running the football and playing D.

Velus is so fast defenses will need to scheme for him. He also led college in returns last season. Bears fixed their returner need with him and the RB they drafted. That kid is remarkably fluid and quick for a big RB. Good hands, too.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden nut swinger
Reaction score
Especially to Adam Hoge. As his Mike Tyson twat above, these talking heads who know shit about actually playing the game, get on their soapbox and pontificate with zero reprocussions...

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Heard on 670 this morning. Bears over/under went from 7.5 games to 6.5 games after the draft and they have an easy schedule lmmfao.
Going to be another loooonnngggg season boys. I cant see how Fields gets any better this year when they did him no favors in the draft or free agency.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden nut swinger
Reaction score
No Nathan Peterman babble? I expected a lot more (hopefully funny) banter and meme's.

Cue the dumpster fire meme.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
No Nathan Peterman babble? I expected a lot more (hopefully funny) banter and meme's.

Cue the dumpster fire meme.
Didnt say shit as I'm just dumfounded by that signing. He isnt even capable of running the practice squad.
I'm waiting for Mr Glass 99% full to come in and tell us how great of a signing it was. Show us all these videos of his untapped potential.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden nut swinger
Reaction score
Someone in twitter had a post that;

If a quarterback takes 20 snaps in a game and immediately spikes the ball, they will finish the game with a 39.58 passer rating. Nathan Peterman's career passer rating is 33.97.

Fish

From the quiet street
Donating Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool story. My son texted me telling me a kid that played youth football in Streamwood with my son was signed as a undrafted free agent by the Bears. Jaylan Alexander is a year younger than my son and I remember him being a complete stud. But you see kids like that often at that age and most don’t make it. Hopefully he makes the practice squad or catches on with another team.
His mom worked with my wife years ago. My wife was telling me about him. Hope he kills it and makes something.

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You need somebody to throw the ball for 3rd string in practice. Might as well be Peterman. At least the D will be happy. 50/50 chance the Bears keep 3 QBs on the roster at the 53 cutdown.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
Reaction score
Just saw an article on the front page of Yahoo that said "Ex 9er signing with Bears" and they have a picture of Deebo on the article thumbnail.... Then open it up and see Dante Pettis just signed with the Bears....

That is exactly why people HATE the media.... Fake click bate horseshit

Top Bottom