🏈 NFL Official 2022 Bears Thread - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
I'm thinking "Make it or Break it" for next year's Bears thread name. I will be starting it early after the SB because this off season is going to be so important.
I'd include this statement as well.

FB_IMG_1674090969007.jpg

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Interesting conversation with former GM Rick Spielman. He's a guy on the outside with inside knowledge answering questions about the Bears.

I'm going to quote my father here about your wishing about the Chicago Bears.

"Wish in one hand, and shit in the other and see which one fills up first."

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I don't wish. I look at the situation analytically and hope for the best. Bears have the #1 pick in the draft. Bears have the most money in the NFL to spend in FA. Bears lost 7 games by less than 7 points Including 4 games where one player with one bad play cost us the win. Bears intentionally tanked last 4 games. Ian Cunningham was interviewed for two GM jobs and reportedly turned at least one of them down. If other teams want our assistant GM that much plus Poles being respected around the league, can they build a good team this year? We'll find out.

If you spent the time on research that I do, I might be more inclined to listen to your cliches.

• Haha
Reactions: Huggerorange73

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
I don't wish. I look at the situation analytically and hope for the best. Bears have the #1 pick in the draft. Bears have the most money in the NFL to spend in FA. Bears lost 7 games by less than 7 points Including 4 games where one player with one bad play cost us the win. Bears intentionally tanked last 4 games. Ian Cunningham was interviewed for two GM jobs and reportedly turned at least one of them down. If other teams want our assistant GM that much plus Poles being respected around the league, can they build a good team this year? We'll find out.

If you spent the time on research that I do, I might be more inclined to listen to your cliches.
If you did actual research you wouldnt be typing the stupid shit you just did.

Keep wishing.....it's only been since 1985.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

The Bears tanked the last 4 games, do you read and or believe some of the shit you post?
Do you actually believe they could have beat the Eagles and Bills?
The Lions were averaging over 30pts a game at home, add that in with a HORRIBLE Bears defense and no tanking needed for that game either. Did they tank the final game of the year, I'll give you that, they absolutely did.
The only thing you research is shit posted by Bear blowhards like yourself.

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
I don't bother arguing with the nay sayers because you guys have already formed opinions and will stick with them regardless of facts. Time will tell. I'll wait for the apologies in a year or two.
Holy fuck ?

You have literally described yourself.

The naysayers are spitting facts.

You are fucking delusional ?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I don't bother arguing with the nay sayers because you guys have already formed opinions and will stick with them regardless of facts. Time will tell. I'll wait for the apologies in a year or two.

Cliff - what did you see that makes you think the Bears would risk their organization by purposely losing games?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It was obvious the Bears were tanking. They did a good job at it. If you watched the pressers, it was easy to see. Flus, Poles and Fields clearly weren't as upset as they should have been about losing. They were releived when the season ended and they could stop the BS.

Lovie was supposedly told before the last game that he was going to be fired. He did the Bears a BIG favor while saying FU to the Texans.

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
It was obvious the Bears were tanking. They did a good job at it. If you watched the pressers, it was easy to see. Flus, Poles and Fields clearly weren't as upset as they should have been about losing. They were releived when the season ended and they could stop the BS.

Lovie was supposedly told before the last game that he was going to be fired. He did the Bears a BIG favor while saying FU to the Texans.
Team hasn't won a playoff game in 12 fucking years, and a Super Bowl for 38 years.

6 playoff appearance in 23 seasons. (3-9)

It'S oBvIoUs ThE bEaRs WeRe TaNkInG!

??????????

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

Bears purposely tanking games would be even more of a reason to not support them.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
LOL! This team is a gawd damn fucking dumpster fire and nothing will get better for the next few years.

Since 2006 when we went to the SB, here are the records;

2007: 7 - 9
2008: 9 - 7
2009: 7 - 9
2010: 11 - 5 and made it to the NFC conference game
2011: 8 - 8
2012: 10 - 6
2013: 8 - 8
2014: 5 - 11
2015: 6 - 10
2016: 3 - 13
2017: 5 - 11
2018: 12 - 4 Lost the wild card
2019: 8 - 8
2020: 8 - 8 Lost the wild card again
2021: 6 - 11
2022: 3 - 14

That is an overall record of 116 - 142 with 1... ONE fucking post-season visit out of 16 seasons and two failed wild card bids to even get to the post-season...

This past season, under a new regime, with our stellar 3 - 14 record, with gutted team, we were outscored 326 - 463.

Since 2006 we've been through 5 head coaches, Lovie Smith, Dr. Death Marc Trestman, John Fox, Matt Nagy and now Matt Eberflus.

Since 2006 we've been through 4 GM's... Jerry Angelo, Phil Emery, Ryan Pace and now Ryan Poles.

Since 2006 we've been through 18 QB's... Rex Grossman, Brian Griese, Kyle Orton, Jay Cutler, Todd Collins, Caleb Hanie, Josh McCown, Jimmy Clausen, Matt Barkely, Brian Hoyer, Mitch Trubisky, Mike Glennon, Chase Daniels, Nick Foles, Justin Fields, Andy Dalton, Trevor Siemian and Nathan Peterman.

Our team is a laughing stock. We are publicly ridiculed by national media and the butt of jokes. We make other shitty teams look like Super Bowl contending world beaters.

Yet somehow, despite all this, you post a bunch of videos about someone who is best friends with the uncle of someone else, who knows something inside the Bears and their expert opinion, which is no more valid than mine, saying something positive, and we're supposed to jerk ourselves senseless that the end of our woes is near.. So I'm the "naysayer"! Yea, what fucking ever.

I will repeat... Until they start chalking up wins, against other teams with positive records (not bottom dwellers like us) and do so consistently, make it in to the post season past the wild card on a consistent basis, I will continue to be a "naysayer". I want fucking results. Not a bunch of airbags blowing smoke up our asses that have no more a clue than I do, telling me all will be good.

Huggerorange73

Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
LOL! This team is a gawd damn fucking dumpster fire and nothing will get better for the next few years.

Since 2006 when we went to the SB, here are the records;

2007: 7 - 9
2008: 9 - 7
2009: 7 - 9
2010: 11 - 5 and made it to the NFC conference game
2011: 8 - 8
2012: 10 - 6
2013: 8 - 8
2014: 5 - 11
2015: 6 - 10
2016: 3 - 13
2017: 5 - 11
2018: 12 - 4 Lost the wild card
2019: 8 - 8
2020: 8 - 8 Lost the wild card again
2021: 6 - 11
2022: 3 - 14

That is an overall record of 116 - 142 with 1... ONE fucking post-season visit out of 16 seasons and two failed wild card bids to even get to the post-season...

This past season, under a new regime, with our stellar 3 - 14 record, with gutted team, we were outscored 326 - 463.

Since 2006 we've been through 5 head coaches, Lovie Smith, Dr. Death Marc Trestman, John Fox, Matt Nagy and now Matt Eberflus.

Since 2006 we've been through 4 GM's... Jerry Angelo, Phil Emery, Ryan Pace and now Ryan Poles.

Since 2006 we've been through 18 QB's... Rex Grossman, Brian Griese, Kyle Orton, Jay Cutler, Todd Collins, Caleb Hanie, Josh McCown, Jimmy Clausen, Matt Barkely, Brian Hoyer, Mitch Trubisky, Mike Glennon, Chase Daniels, Nick Foles, Justin Fields, Andy Dalton, Trevor Siemian and Nathan Peterman.

Our team is a laughing stock. We are publicly ridiculed by national media and the butt of jokes. We make other shitty teams look like Super Bowl contending world beaters.

Yet somehow, despite all this, you post a bunch of videos about someone who is best friends with the uncle of someone else, who knows something inside the Bears and their expert opinion, which is no more valid than mine, saying something positive, and we're supposed to jerk ourselves senseless that the end of our woes is near.. So I'm the "naysayer"! Yea, what fucking ever.

I will repeat... Until they start chalking up wins, against other teams with positive records (not bottom dwellers like us) and do so consistently, make it in to the post season past the wild card on a consistent basis, I will continue to be a "naysayer". I want fucking results. Not a bunch of airbags blowing smoke up our asses that have no more a clue than I do, telling me all will be good.
Sport GIF by UFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info