NFL Official 2022 Bears Thread - A New Hope

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Watch the video. It’s more about his personal life as well. I knew he lost one brother but apparently both of his brothers are gone now. The other one was recent it sounds like.
I’ve seen the video and read the letter to his younger self he wrote a week or 2 ago. Life ain’t fair, just gotta keep it moving.

Fish

From the quiet street
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen the video and read the letter to his younger self he wrote a week or 2 ago. Life ain’t fair, just gotta keep it moving.
Absolutely and that’s what it looks like he was trying to do. Just sucks, but as you said. Hopefully he keeps moving and making right decisions. I’ve heard nothing but good stories about people meeting him so he seems like a good dude.

Fish

From the quiet street
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry, they aren’t Jets or Jaguars terrible……yet.

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
OK, I'm ready to give my first projections for O line. Let me know how wrong I am. LOL

Left Tackle: Braxton Jones. Super athletic. Smart. Understands leverage. Better at run blocking than pass blocking now. Did not face upper level competition but dominated. Needs to learn technique and get stronger. Has excellent Tackle size with his long arms.
If Jones is not the guy, there are 4 others competing for the position. All of them except for Borom have longer than 35" arms.

Left Guard: Cody Whitehair. Almost a lock at this position for this year.

Center: Lucas Patrick. Again, almost a lock. He's a veteran and is already taking leadership of the line. Big improvement from Mustipher.

Right Guard: I'll go out on a limb and say Bears will look for a RG in free agency or switch one of the other O line Tackles to the position.

Right Tackle: Teven Jenkins. It's his natural position and he would have been a 1st round pick if he wasn't injured last year.

Fish

From the quiet street
Donating Member
Reaction score
Dont think I can take that seriously. Lions over the 49ers and the Steelers? LAWLOK!!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Dont think I can take that seriously. Lions over the 49ers and the Steelers? LAWLOK!!
Shit, after the draft they had I can see it. Steelers and 9ers don’t have a QB.
Steelers got Mitch and Pickett, 9ers got Garopolo and Lance. If you believe the reports out of SF, Lance is going to start.

Fish

From the quiet street
Donating Member
Reaction score
Shit, after the draft they had I can see it. Steelers and 9ers don’t have a QB.
Steelers got Mitch and Pickett, 9ers got Garopolo and Lance. If you believe the reports out of SF, Lance is going to start.

Steelers didnt have a QB last year either. LOL. Mitch probably could have done better with their offense. Would have beat the Bears straight up instead of needing refball to win.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Steelers didnt have a QB last year either. LOL. Mitch probably could have done better with their offense. Would have beat the Bears straight up instead of needing refball to win.
Yeah, but the Lions did very well in the draft. But you know what, they are still the Lions lol.

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I won't believe Lions until they prove it. Lance was the 3rd pick in the draft. Steelers have the RB and they drafted a QB. Mitch is a place holder with them.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
ESPN is full of shit and TCG has a crystal ball

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden nut swinger
Reaction score
Akiem Hicks to the Bucs.

And we're still going 0 - 17. Change my mind.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m still completely dumbfounded they did absolutely nothing to help Fields.

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Better D secondary to get the ball back and prevent TDs. Run game scheme coming to play outside zone (49ers scheme) rather than gap and take the pressure off Fields by running the football. Would have been better to get one or two top O linemen, for sure. Bears did sign 4 more O tackles to compete for the LT job. Looking like it will be Borom at LT and Jenkins at RT for now.

TS
TS
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Bears active roster is now the least expensive in the NFL. Good thing? Maybe not for this season. Bears will lead the league in cap space next season with nearly $100 mil, probably more if the league ups the cap.

Swifty compares the Bears to the Bengals.

Top Bottom