šŸˆ NFL Official 2022-2023 NFL Football Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So the survivor pool Iā€™m in thats been down to 4 guys the last 4-5 weeks. This week I picked the Raiders @Jamesv82 FESTER665 FESTER665 ????
Another guy takes the Steelers who also lost. The other 2 take Seattle, no way they can lose to the Panthers, right ???
Guy asked if we wanna split or keep it going, I voted split. Waiting to hear back
And we are splitting $800 and some change per person. Tipped the guy who runs it $100, and my guy that invited me into it, I tipped him $100 as well.
The 2nd half pool I'm still in as well, down to like 35ish people. I'm buying a $750 SB square with my winnings

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
???

FB_IMG_1671321293106.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Need GB to win and I'll win a confidence pool for the 3rd time this season. Only $135 each win, but it only costed $125 to join for the season.
Guy that runs that, also runs the $750 SB squares. I have told him to keep my winnings the first 2-times and will again this time. Just credit me towards my SB square.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

• Wow
Reactions: Rent Free

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Franco Harris died earlier this week just days before his number will be retired as the Pittsburgh Steelers celebrate the 50th anniversary of the "Immaculate Reception."

Hours before his death, the legendary running back was doing several interviews to speak about arguably the most famous play in the history of the National Football League.

One of his final interviews, in which he discussed the upcoming ceremony, was with current Steelers defensive lineman Cam Hayward on his "Not Just Football" podcast, which took place Tuesday afternoon.

The two discussed how excited Harris was for the ceremony, while the Super Bowl IX MVP reminisced about the play, although admitting he didn't remember much.
"Fifty years. I just shake my head. 50 years. C'mon, that's a long time, but I'm still around to enjoy it, so that's good," Harris said.
Hayward said he received a blessing from Harris' family to post the interview.

The Steelers were set to retire Harrisā€™ No. 32 on Sunday at Pittsburgh's Acrisure Stadium and celebrate the 50th anniversary of his catch, which came against the Oakland Raiders in the 1972 AFC divisional playoffs during his rookie season.

"Art [Rooney] broke the news to me. I was just totally taken by surprise," Harris said of when he was told about his number retirement. "I said, ā€˜What an honor to have my jersey retired.ā€™ And then all the connections to it. That we're going to retire it on Dec. 24. And also a Raider game we're going to retire it. I mean, it is an incredible honor. The third jersey in 90 years of Steelers football. And the first offensive player."

Harris also was on SiriuxXM with Chris "Mad Dog" Russo on Tuesday to speak about the ceremony and reception.

"Doing great, fantastic," Harris replied when Russo asked him how he was feeling. "And as you said, 50 years ago, and it feels brand new."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info