šŸˆ NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Don't the Rams have one of the top Defensives?
Number one according to the stat they showed.

Next two games are against teams with mediocre defenses at best. Perfect scenario for Fields. especially since the bengals scored 27 and the browns scored 29. We only averaged 22 points last year. Fields gains confidence and then pummels lions for his first 400 yard game. Then he is ready for raiders and GB. We could be 4-3 or 5-2 going into the mini Super Bowl against brady.

just my meatball thoughts

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Fuck Nagy. On 4th down, kick the motherfucking field goal! Three times this game on 4th down this asshole goes for it (and one a 4th and fucking 15...), they fuck it up, and then turn it over on downs giving the Rams decent (if not great) field position. So not only did you keep 9 points off the board, you gave their offense less of a challenge to score...

Then there was another play in the 1st quarter where they tried a misdirection run which LA read perfectly, for a loss.

Quit with the fucking cute/trick plays... They DON'T work with the talent you have... Just play solid football.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Did you guys look at Dallas record with Dalton? Do you think the Bears have a better Offense than Dallas? Sheesh.

I think what you and GLADIATOR GLADIATOR fail to grasp is the Bears is a .500 team at best. There is no point in accelerating Fields development with the risk of a career ending injury, developing bad habits or becoming a basket case.

The Bears will suck as long as Phillips / Pace / Nagy are running the show.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Fields already won the job. He scored half of the bears points. Fields and Montgomery would be awesome together.

Shocking, a mobile running college QB did an RPO from a few yards out and scrambled in for a TD.

The entire point is to have him not turn into a running QB only. Yes, in the RPO instance it wasnā€™t a big deal, but just throwing him in there could be terrible for his development.

• Haha

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I think what you and GLADIATOR GLADIATOR fail to grasp is the Bears is a .500 team at best. There is no point in accelerating Fields development with the risk of a career ending injury, developing bad habits or becoming a basket case.

I agree they are a .500 team or worse. Thatā€™s why Fields should be out there. Develop this year on the field.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Shocking, a mobile running college QB did an RPO from a few yards out and scrambled in for a TD.

The entire point is to have him not turn into a running QB only. Yes, in the RPO instance it wasnā€™t a big deal, but just throwing him in there could be terrible for his development.
But he is a mobile/running QB.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Or let Dalton get the offense running. And the defense wakes up. And have a ok year. Then let Fields win the starting position. Cut some big contracts, fill some holes and start winning for real.
They are in horrible shape regarding the cap next year and no #1 pick. They wont be filling holes for a couple of years.
This organization is a trainwreck, as it is year after year after year... The Cubs of the fall/winter
Fixed

Its not only GLADIATOR GLADIATOR , Flyn Flyn is the worst and neither can grasp reality. Neither realize how far away this team is from contending for a SB.
They literally backed into the playoffs last year and had no business being in the playoffs, Fields fell into their lap and because of that people keep forgetting how bad this organization really is.
I have said it, and others on TCG have said it and no we arent experts. But it doesnt take an expert to see this team will NEVER win a SB with the Mc Caskeys owning this team. They are concerned with one thing and one thing only.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
They are in horrible shape regarding the cap next year and no #1 pick. They wont be filling holes for a couple of years.

Fixed

Its not only GLADIATOR GLADIATOR , Flyn Flyn is the worst and neither can grasp reality. Neither realize how far away this team is from contending for a SB.
They literally backed into the playoffs last year and had no business being in the playoffs, Fields fell into their lap and because of that people keep forgetting how bad this organization really is.
I have said it, and others on TCG have said it and no we arent experts. But it doesnt take an expert to see this team will NEVER win a SB with the Mc Caskeys owning this team. They are concerned with one thing and one thing only.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I have come to grips they wonā€™t win a SB anytime soon. So why not play Fields? Pace and Nagy gonna give Dalton his revenge game against bengals and then Fields is our starter game three. Thatā€™s my prediction. This division is wide open and someone with a shit record is going to win it.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I have come to grips they wonā€™t win a SB anytime soon. So why not play Fields? Pace and Nagy gonna give Dalton his revenge game against bengals and then Fields is our starter game three. Thatā€™s my prediction. This division is wide open and someone with a shit record is going to win it.
Dude the division isnt wide open lol. GB is going to run away with the division, Minn might hang in there for a while, possibly be a wild card team.
I want Fields to play as much as you and anyone else. I just dont trust Nagy to develop him, I would hate to see Nagy ruin him. They have no tackles at all and thats a recipe for disaster with Fields imo. He will be constantly running for his life as I have already mentioned, he holds the ball too damn long in the pocket. Let him sit the first qtr of the season or so, let the Bears try and figure out their tackle situation. Move guys around, get it serviceable and then throw Fields in there. I understand he can somewhat make up for the lack of tackles with his mobility, but defenses will scheme for that shit and shut it down and even worse he might get hurt.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

You want another franchise QB ruined?

If Yes, pull Dalton and throw in Fields

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
You want another franchise QB ruined?

If Yes, pull Dalton and throw in Fields
giphy.gif

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
This is a 25% talent issue, 75% management/ownership issue.

This Nagy tenure is quickly reminding me of the Dr. Death (Trestman) experiment.

Again, I go back to the 4th down situations. I'm for it when you're in the red zone and it's 4th and inches. I get when you're on the last drive, all for nothing to tie it up or win situation... Not when you're in the 30 - 40 yard range, it's 4th and 4. Get the Gawddamn field goal and get what you can. I wonder if they were trying to draw them offside and take the 5 yard penalty. But then on 4th and 15. I lost my shit after that...

And you expect him to make the decision to put Field's in when he can't even manage basic downs management and clock management. Nagy is soo busy in his Denny's menu looking 3 plays ahead that he can't grasp what's going on now.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
It starts at the top. I donā€™t think the McCasey family is selling anytime soon. Virginia is 98 years and if she passes the next generation or two under might want to cash out, but who knows. That being said, Phillips needs to go. Heā€™s an accounting guy that moved into a football leadership role. Heā€™s not the right guy for the job. Talent is part of the issue, but not having the right people in leadership roles and coaching/mentoring is what has really hurt the Bears for the last 20 or so years. Something had to change.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The Bears needed to clean house in the off season in my opinion. Phillips, Pace and Nagy should have been shit canned. All three are holding the team back.
Starts at the top, who are the morons hiring these people? They need to look in the mirror and realize they (ownership) are the problem.
It starts at the top. I donā€™t think the McCasey family is selling anytime soon. Virginia is 98 years and if she passes the next generation or two under might want to cash out, but who knows. That being said, Phillips needs to go. Heā€™s an accounting guy that moved into a football leadership role. Heā€™s not the right guy for the job. Talent is part of the issue, but not having the right people in leadership roles and coaching/mentoring is what has really hurt the Bears for the last 20 or so years. Something had to change.
Very well said.
Bears are worth like 4 billion, I sure the fuck hope when she dies they sell the team. If not, we will be stuck in mediocrity for the rest of our lives lol.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Starts at the top, who are the morons hiring these people? They need to look in the mirror and realize they (ownership) are the problem.

Very well said.
Bears are worth like 4 billion, I sure the fuck hope when she dies they sell the team. If not, we will be stuck in mediocrity for the rest of our lives lol.

The amount in taxes when the family and silent partner sells the team will be $$$$$

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info