šŸˆ NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
No itā€™s not, his RPO pitch play didnā€™t do shit.ā€¦.

iMHO - Fields taking a handful of college plays tonight is all about Nagy / Pace trying to salvage their careers with the Bears.

They are desperately trying to showcase progress / success by Fields for Virginia and the Bears Nutswingers to blindly believe.

In reality, Fieldā€™s performance tonight didnā€™t cast any light on his potential.

Reactions: FESTER665

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Putting any belief in what the two say shows me you know little about football. Change my mind.
Well Iā€™ve seen all the reports during pre season and even posted here that he holds the ball an average of 3.5 seconds. Just a quick search, I can dig deeper

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Shawn, DeShaun Watson is a case in point. He holds the ball, too, and his escapability extends the plays. Fields will be similar. He plays like Watson plays. I'd take Watson on the Bears. If only they had drafted him and kept him away from masseuses.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Lance is a much better fit for the 49ers run first offense. He will be starting soon. If he understood the playbook, 49ers would be playing him.

Im sure he understands it already, his wonderlick scores were through the roof and one of the biggest factors in the 49ers taking him.

All the other QBs all lost today too, and two are tied to first year head coaches who are growing with them at QB.ā€¦ On,y one going into a certain program is Jones.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Shawn, DeShaun Watson is a case in point. He holds the ball, too, and his escapability extends the plays. Fields will be similar. He plays like Watson plays. I'd take Watson on the Bears. If only they had drafted him and kept him away from masseuses.

Howā€™d he do today? :s00ls:

I hope Carr doesnā€™t screw the pooch tomorrow since he didnā€™t play any preseason like Rodgers.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
All those other teams donā€™t necessarily have turnstiles for offensive line players.ā€¦.

Why is it so hard to grasp what people are saying? You donā€™t want him to turn into a run first mentality, you want him to learn to be a QB first, runner second.
This!
All of us who are Bear fans want him to succeed and be the franchise QB we never had. We donā€™t want him getting destroyed, getting happy feet or developing bad habits. With or without Fields starting, the Bears are going to SUCK. They are a long way from contending for a SB. No 1st rd pick next year and they are going to have serious cap issues next year.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Fields is the Bears best QB. You play your best players.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Flyn

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
The NFL has changed. You don't sit star QBs for years anymore.

Nagy thinks he is better than Andy Reid but he hasn't learned what Reid teaches.

Nobody is saying for him to sit for years. Just half a season or one season at most. It just happened with Mahomes recently, Lance is doing it in Frisco, Love in GB, etcā€¦..

Only reason Rodgers sat so long is because they had Favreā€¦.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Well you said I didnā€™t know football and just showed you proof that he holds the ball too long. But now you compare him to another player. Those stats donā€™t include scrambling. Thatā€™s 100% staying in the pocket. NFL average is close to 2.5 seconds, in the preseason he was almost a full second over that. He needs to correct that and correct it sooner than later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info