šŸˆ NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I think they have to go turf in Chicago. Look at the ridiculously bad Soldier Field grass as soon as the cold weather hits. Bears would need to heat the stadium every day if they wanted to grow grass in the winter. I wonder what that would cost?
Us taxpayers would pay it in some way or another

Reactions: Blownbyyou

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Probably but when you look at the zero cost of turf compared to the heat, water, groundskeeping, etc., it's a LOT easier to do turf. What's the cost for a top stadium now? $3 billion? Bears are only worth $3.5.
Raiders built theirs for 1.9 billion. If the Bears owned a stadium, I'd imagine their worth would be a lot more.
Leasing from the park district = no bueno

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
They should do exactly what the Packers do, artificial/grass combo. Heated pipes underneath it, and use lights above it to grow in the later months.....
1622569772031.png

Looks just fine for winter....

1622569689880.png

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Watching the news on the Bears, it seems like Nagy is committing to Dalton for week 1 but not for any long stretch of the season. What happens to Allen Robinson if Fields takes over week 2-3? Robinson is in a prove it year and could be stellar. Mooney, too. Better O line, teams putting a spy on Fields' runs could lead to the WRs getting open often.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Watching the news on the Bears, it seems like Nagy is committing to Dalton for week 1 but not for any long stretch of the season. What happens to Allen Robinson if Fields takes over week 2-3? Robinson is in a prove it year and could be stellar. Mooney, too. Better O line, teams putting a spy on Fields' runs could lead to the WRs getting open often.
Please tell me wtf Robinson has to prove? Top 5 WR in the game imo and would be probably top 3 with a good QB
Eddie Goldman skipped mandatory mini camp. Is he going to be a problem?
Bears/Nagy talked to him prior and knew he wouldnt be there. If he isnt around come July then we can talk about him being a problem.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Robinson needs to prove exactly what you mentioned if he wants a top contract next year.

Goldman took last year off and still isn't back. Does he want to play football?
Your delusional if you think A Rob needs to prove anything. If the Bears dont pay him, 20 other teams will.

Goldman opted out due to Covid, he isnt the only professional athlete to do so.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Shawn's talking top 3 money. That's Devante, Tyreek and probably DeAndre or Diggs. Robinson has to prove himself to be as good as them if he wants guaranteed top money. It's definitely a prove it year for him because the Bears won't use the tag on him next year. I think he could be top 5 if Fields plays most of the year.

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info