šŸˆ NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Bears win the draft.

1. Justin Fields. Greatest QB in history.
2. Teven Jenkins. Roadgrader who wants to take out 2 guys on each play.
5. Larry Borom. Last season versus Alabama: 44 pass blocking snaps 0 sacks allowed 0 hits allowed 0 hurries allowed
6. Khalil Herbert. RB with great vision and moves AND a kick returner.
6. Dazz Newsome. Kid looks like a pretty good receiver.
6. Thomas Graham Jr. Ball hawking CB who gets the INTs.
7. Khyiris Tonga, DT. No idea how good he is but what a name.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I'm not knocking the kid.

But we've been through this. We made the trade for Cutler. All Bears fans went nuts (I did!). Cutler didn't get the job done. The fiasco with Tricky-biscuits, we traded the house to get him. Look what happened. And now here we are with FIelds. I hope the 3rd time is a charm. But I'll hold my breath...

Cutler could have been a great Bears QB. The Bears front office couldnā€™t put together a decent offensive line though and we never saw his full potential. The guy often got pummeled out there.

Reactions: Aircal

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Cutler could have been a great Bears QB. The Bears front office couldnā€™t put together a decent offensive line though and we never saw his full potential. The guy often got pummeled out there.
Yea, no.....

Cutler could of never been a great QB because the guy has rocks for a brain. He sucked with the Broncos, sucked with the Bears, and sucked with Miami. He had some solid seasons of protection and still played like shit, it's not like he spend his entire career, with 3 different teams, without a decent OL.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

Sorry, forgot you responded.

Cutler was a big arm with no brains... I'm not discounting the issue you mentioned as that was true. But time and time again, especially in crunch time, when he was trying to force balls in to holes that weren't there, he was absolutely predictable and it always cost us with an INT at the worst times. I seem to recall that defensive players said "all we gotta do is read his eyes... He doesn't disguise his intentions at all..."

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Iā€™ll reply to both of you with the same comment. Cutler had the talent, but also had a bad attitude and speaking for the Bears specifically never had the development opportunities to mature. To be blunt, the McCaskey family has a pattern of picking shit front office staff and coaches. The exception to that has been defensive coordinators.

The only way the Bears will be a championship team once again will be to remove the McCaskey family from ownership via sale.

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info