New Lenox IL
F09FC084-AEF2-4399-A4D1-EE69AB2F3FCE.jpeg

giphy.gif

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
It’s like buying turbos or a supercharger and letting it collect dust on your workbench because “maybe it’ll hurt my engine”….fucking SEND IT! If the bears still suck, what did we lose? Bears are the suck until they are not the suck.

Think of it this way, you buy that turbo/Supercharger, but the significant other says, if you hold off on installing it now doing a half-assed job, potentially breaking bigger things, we pay some things off, then I will let you spend whatever the hell you want to make it the complete package (meaning adding transmission/driveline, suspension, proper tuning, etc...).

Kinda the same thing. Let's continue to suck, build a decent O-line with draft pics, update our aging defense, and then once you have the pieces in place, send that bitch!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Two words. Justin Herbert. Imagine if Tyrod didn't get hurt. Justin might still be on the bench instead of rookie of the year.
Not really saying much when 6 of the last 10yrs a QB won ROY, its pretty common
3 of them arent on an NFL roster right now, none of them have won a SB and only 1 has made it to the SB.

Reactions: FESTER665

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
It’s like buying turbos or a supercharger and letting it collect dust on your workbench because “maybe it’ll hurt my engine”….fucking SEND IT! If the bears still suck, what did we lose? Bears are the suck until they are not the suck.

That is a ridiculous analogy and does not relate to this situation.

Your analogy clearly spotlights you have little knowledge with developing a rookie QB, let alone human development in general.

Even Helen Keller would see your the flaws in your thought process.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Think of it this way, you buy that turbo/Supercharger, but the significant other says, if you hold off on installing it now doing a half-assed job, potentially breaking bigger things, we pay some things off, then I will let you spend whatever the hell you want to make it the complete package (meaning adding transmission/driveline, suspension, proper tuning, etc...).

Kinda the same thing. Let's continue to suck, build a decent O-line with draft pics, update our aging defense, and then once you have the pieces in place, send that bitch!
Your first mistake is getting your SO involved. I install the turbos/SC as fast as I can so the SO has no clue they even existed.

wife: what are those two thingamabobs?
Me: turbos…pft, been there for ever
Wife: play Justin Fields

• Haha
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
That is a ridiculous analogy and does not relate to this situation.

Your analogy clearly spotlights you have little knowledge with developing a rookie QB, let alone human development in general.

Even Helen Keller would see your the flaws in your thought process.
giphy.gif

Fields is the shiny new toy. Play with it! How many other teams have thrown their rookie QBs into the fire??? you must of been one of those kids that the mom didn’t let them play with all the toys on Christmas morning…I pity you.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
giphy.gif

Fields is the shiny new toy. Play with it! How many other teams have thrown their rookie QBs into the fire??? you must of been one of those kids that the mom didn’t let them play with all the toys on Christmas morning…I pity you.
How many QB's drafted in the 1st rd and thrown to the fire their first game of their rookie season have went on to win a SB or even play in a SB?
I'll make it even easier, just go back to Peyton Manning, so from 1998-2020
I'll wait while you look it up

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

There are plenty of people who don’t put shit on their engines till their engines are ready for that power level. Grenade your stock motor and it takes out the turbos, great idea to just send it.

You can ruin this kids career if you don’t develop him right. You don’t just send it if you don’t have a scheme set up for them to succeed or an o line capable of keeping them upright.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The good ones learn even from failure and then go on to be superstars. Regardless of when Fields starts, he will either be great for his career or not great depending on his talents.
Show me how many became great and define great.
Imo, if they didnt at least win a SB, or make it to multiple SB's or didnt make the HOF. Then they werent great QB's.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
OK, There are some great QBs on the rookie starter list. Marino, Dak, Russell Wilson, Big Ben, etc.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
giphy.gif

And you fall deeper into the well of irrational thinking. No logic or reason. All emotion and immediate self-preservation, just like Pace and Nagy.

And where has that gotten the Bears?

No where

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
OK, There are some great QBs on the rookie starter list. Marino, Dak, Russell Wilson, Big Ben, etc.

Dak and Marino far from great, both choke artists imo especially Dak.
Wilson and Big Ben both credible, but for every Big ben, Peyton and Russ you probably have 15 or so who have failed.
Off the top of my head, Winston, Mariotta, RG3, Bradford, Tannenhill etc
I thought Russell Wilson was a good one. You guys all have boners for him.
Nobody that I have seen discredited Wilson. We have all discredited you for comparing Tru Bust Ski to Wilson. I know you were just joking :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
You're reaching here. Your great QB list has what? 5 guys?

Peyton Manning is another great rookie starting QB. Thanks.

Notice what makes the difference? Not if they sit but how good they are.

Counter point; Montana, Farve, Rodgers, Brady were also not named starting QB their rookie season. They grew and learned as back ups.

We can continue going rounds throwing out QB names,

or use logic /rational thought, along with overall Bears failed history of QB development, to understand starting Fields now is not in his, along with the Bears, best long term interest.

Fields is not Superman, let alone Jesus Christ. We have already seen the game is too fast for him, he cannot read a defense, let alone see beyond his first receiver option.

Maybe Nagy / Pace are tossing him into the arena now for their own immediate self-interest / preservation?

Reactions: Maro and Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
You're reaching here. Your great QB list has what? 5 guys?

Peyton Manning is another great rookie starting QB. Thanks.

Notice what makes the difference? Not if they sit but how good they are.
Huh, what the hell are you talking about?
How the hell am I reaching. I commented on a link you posted and pointed out Marino and Dak are far from great…..SMFH.

Reactions: Blood on Blood
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info