Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - SuperBowl or Bust?

OP
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Lance is a much better fit for the 49ers run first offense. He will be starting soon. If he understood the playbook, 49ers would be playing him.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
No it’s not, his RPO pitch play didn’t do shit.….

iMHO - Fields taking a handful of college plays tonight is all about Nagy / Pace trying to salvage their careers with the Bears.

They are desperately trying to showcase progress / success by Fields for Virginia and the Bears Nutswingers to blindly believe.

In reality, Field’s performance tonight didn’t cast any light on his potential.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Putting any belief in what the two say shows me you know little about football. Change my mind.
Well I’ve seen all the reports during pre season and even posted here that he holds the ball an average of 3.5 seconds. Just a quick search, I can dig deeper

OP
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nagy needs to go. Bears won't win with him as head coach. He plays the game his way rather than adapting to what his players are good at. Running Damien Williams into the line, for example. That's just stupid.

OP
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Shawn, DeShaun Watson is a case in point. He holds the ball, too, and his escapability extends the plays. Fields will be similar. He plays like Watson plays. I'd take Watson on the Bears. If only they had drafted him and kept him away from masseuses.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Lance is a much better fit for the 49ers run first offense. He will be starting soon. If he understood the playbook, 49ers would be playing him.
Im sure he understands it already, his wonderlick scores were through the roof and one of the biggest factors in the 49ers taking him.

All the other QBs all lost today too, and two are tied to first year head coaches who are growing with them at QB.… On,y one going into a certain program is Jones.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Shawn, DeShaun Watson is a case in point. He holds the ball, too, and his escapability extends the plays. Fields will be similar. He plays like Watson plays. I'd take Watson on the Bears. If only they had drafted him and kept him away from masseuses.

How’d he do today? :s00ls:

I hope Carr doesn’t screw the pooch tomorrow since he didn’t play any preseason like Rodgers.

OP
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
The NFL has changed. You don't sit star QBs for years anymore.

Nagy thinks he is better than Andy Reid but he hasn't learned what Reid teaches.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
All those other teams don’t necessarily have turnstiles for offensive line players.….

Why is it so hard to grasp what people are saying? You don’t want him to turn into a run first mentality, you want him to learn to be a QB first, runner second.
This!
All of us who are Bear fans want him to succeed and be the franchise QB we never had. We don’t want him getting destroyed, getting happy feet or developing bad habits. With or without Fields starting, the Bears are going to SUCK. They are a long way from contending for a SB. No 1st rd pick next year and they are going to have serious cap issues next year.

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Fields should play. Gonna need to put up 30 points against bengals and browns because D blows

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
The NFL has changed. You don't sit star QBs for years anymore.

Nagy thinks he is better than Andy Reid but he hasn't learned what Reid teaches.
Nobody is saying for him to sit for years. Just half a season or one season at most. It just happened with Mahomes recently, Lance is doing it in Frisco, Love in GB, etc…..

Only reason Rodgers sat so long is because they had Favre….

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score

Well you said I didn’t know football and just showed you proof that he holds the ball too long. But now you compare him to another player. Those stats don’t include scrambling. That’s 100% staying in the pocket. NFL average is close to 2.5 seconds, in the preseason he was almost a full second over that. He needs to correct that and correct it sooner than later.

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Daltons QB rating is worse than Trubinski (misspelled on purpose) Dalton’s hair is phenomenal but Fields needs to start.
0AE4300D-4669-4B45-B269-1CD535F2AC1A.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom