šŸˆ NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Add to that the speed guys and O line the Bears are drafting/signing and the potential for better QB performance is there.

I say have a full out competition between all three QBs and see who shows they can be the guy. Hopefully it's Fields.

You guys remember the old days when QBs sat on a bench for years? Includes Rodgers. Seems that method worked in the past. Now, it's perform immediately or be tossed to the scrap heap.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Cutler could have been a great Bears QB. The Bears front office couldnā€™t put together a decent offensive line though and we never saw his full potential. The guy often got pummeled out there.

Statistically, Cutler IS the best QB in Bears History.

#2-5 (missed #1 by 26 yards) for most yards in a season.

#1 by a continental mile for career passing yards with 23,443 yards. Next highest is Sid Luckman with 14,686.

154 TDs 109 INTs. 251 SACKS. :bowrofl:

This page shows all sorts of different stats. Dude was sacked the most, doesnt have the most INTs, has the most TDs, and is second in completion percentage trailing to the one....THE ONLY......JOHN CEN....I mean MITCH TRUBISKY!!!!!!!!!

I dont think it was his knowledge or intelligence that was a problem either. It was attitude. This guy has a great vid on Jay Cutler, and other players as well. After watching it, I actually want to tap my inner Jay Cutler most of the time now. :bowrofl:

I have attended Bears/Bucs games and live close to Tampa. It's a perfect 2nd team for me. I go up to a game, stop at a Chicago pizza joint to grab some Chicago food, park for next to nothing close to the stadium and get to have some beers in shorts while watching the game. BucsLife is good.

I attended one of those. It was probably the best game sportsball game I ever attended. The one where Trubisky looked like the pro football god we thought he could be. Ill ride that high forever. Great seats too!

Reactions: Aircal and Maro

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Hopefully, the Bears let Fields play the way he can. Nagy killed Trubisky by making him scared to run or make decisions. Fields has more game experience at the top college level and as the video above shows, he can make reads. Not perfect but he seems to usually make good decisions. Let Fields run if he feels that's the play. I'm psyched about the O line help the Bears have gotten this year and the receiver speed. Fields can throw downfield accurately which Trubisky cannot do. Push the opposing D's to cover deep and let the RBs handle some of the load. That's not what Nagy likes but it's the way to go. I can't wait to see Montgomery, Williams, Cohen running the ball with 7 in the box and Teven taking out the D lineman AND the LB.

Reactions: Maro

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Its crazy to think that you cant even give dude away to teams that are dying for a QB. I know Denver traded for one and drafted another, but just dangle him in front of Elway. Or the fact that the Texans are trying to set Deshaun up in order to release him penalty free. [/tinfoil hat]

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
The Rodgers to Denver trade talk is picking up a little bit of momentum. If GB and Rodgers can't make up, Denver is an AFC team and has the cap space to handle Rodger's salary. They have a LOT of interest in such a trade since franchise level QB is their biggest need.

As a fan whos team is in the AFC West... I simply say.....
giphy.gif

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
  • Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Nagy promised the job to Dalton so he has the 2 button meme decision. Keep Dalton happy or do what he is dying to do and plug in Fields. IMO, he will try to find some reasonably legit reason for Fields to take over.
Per Nagy's press conference last week. He said Fields wont play until he is ready as he doesnt want to ruin him.
The more I think about it, I wouldnt mind him sitting 8-10 weeks behind Dalton.

Reactions: Maro
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info