šŸˆ NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Harbaugh would bring in a complete staff of coaches. He's good at picking smart coaches. He had Vic Fangio with him at Stanford and Fangio followed him to SF then left after Harbaugh was fired. He's the most likely guy who could convince Fangio to return to the Bears. Bears have not requested an interview yet but rumor says the Raiders and the Bears are the two teams Harbaugh would consider for a return to the NFL. Harbaugh is the coach who developed Kaeparnick and turned an average QB into a starter. IMO, Fields could be a much better QB than Kaep if he realizes his potential. He can run like Kaep and he's a better passer.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
It's not my Justin Fields, Dave. You keep trying to say I love Fields. What I love is his potential. We'll see if he lives up to it. Nagy tried to be one of the boys and it didn't work. Maybe the Bears need a coach more like Ditka who will say My way or the highway. Harbaugh and Flores are that kind of coach. Daboll also has a great record of developing Allen. I would be OK with any of them.

My way or the highway as long as itā€™s not disruptive which the Sports Outlets are concerned he would be.

Also - being a defensive coach who goes through OCs yearly, how will that aid in Fields development?

You have made it clear here that you are a Fields fan boy. Thereā€™s nothing to discuss on this subject.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Harbaugh would bring in a complete staff of coaches. He's good at picking smart coaches. He had Vic Fangio with him at Stanford and Fangio followed him to SF then left after Harbaugh was fired. He's the most likely guy who could convince Fangio to return to the Bears. Bears have not requested an interview yet but rumor says the Raiders and the Bears are the two teams Harbaugh would consider for a return to the NFL. Harbaugh is the coach who developed Kaeparnick and turned an average QB into a starter. IMO, Fields could be a much better QB than Kaep if he realizes his potential. He can run like Kaep and he's a better passer.

I could see this, though have little faith in Fields.

Then again, if Harbaugh can walk on water then he could make Fields a serviceable QB.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Of course I want Fields to succeed. If he doesn't, it's a 5 year process to get someone else. Much better for the Bears if Fields is the real deal.

If I could predict the future, I'd have a better idea which coach to choose. I can't so I can only go by track record, brains, personality and put those guys at the top of the list. Leslie Frazier, for instance, even though he's a former Bear, would not be a good HC, IMO. His track record isn't good.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
You really have it out for Cousins, did that dude make a move on your wife or mother or something?

Since Cousins has been a starter for MN he's been a top 6 QB every year, and had a fantastic year again this season. May need to look at other reasons why the team sucks, like management and play calling. Very similar to the Bears organization,, except Cousins is better than any QB the bears have ever had.

McCaskey is an incompetent idiot who was born with a golden spoon up his ass and handed everything he has in life. Olin is 100% in the right, and knows more about football than the McCaskeys entire family combined.

Ill take Smokin Jay any day over Cousins. Any. Day.

Reactions: Maro

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Frazier started his coaching career in 1988 as the first head coach at Trinity College in Illinois, now known as Trinity International University. He held the position for nine seasons, built the NAIA program from the ground up and won a pair of Northern Illinois Intercollegiate Conference titles before he moved on to the University of Illinois in 1997 as the Illinois defensive backs coach.

In 1999, Frazier joined first time head coach Andy Reid as defensive backs coach for the Philadelphia Eagles. It was there that Frazier worked as a fellow assistant with the Vikings future head coach, Brad Childress. The Eagles defense improved steadily in the four years that Frazier was there.

He was defensive coordinator of the Cincinnati Bengals from 2003 to 2004 where he helped turn the unit into a group that increased takeaways from 24 in 2003 to 36 in 2004. The Bengals' 36 takeaways ranked third in the NFL in 2004. The 2004 Bengals notched 20 interceptions, the most since 1996. The Bengals' defense improved from 28th in the league in total yards allowed in 2003 to 19th in 2004, and declined in the two years following his dismissal.

In 2005, Frazier was hired by Tony Dungy as a defensive assistant for the Indianapolis Colts, receiving the title of special assistant to the head coach as well as defensive backs coach. He was specifically brought in by Dungy to help the Colts' young corps of defensive backs. During his time in Indianapolis the Colts passing defense improved from 15th in 2005 to second in 2006. On February 4, 2007 the Colts beat Frazier's former team, the Chicago Bears, in Super Bowl XLI. Four days later, on February 8, 2007, he became the defensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings following the hiring of Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin by the Pittsburgh Steelers as their head coach.

On November 22, 2010, the Vikings fired head coach Brad Childress after the team started 3ā€“7 and named Frazier the interim head coach for the remainder of the 2010 season.[2] Frazier ended the 2010 season with a loss to the Detroit Lions, putting the Vikings in last place in the NFC North. Frazier's record in 2010 was 3ā€“3.

On January 3, 2011, the Vikings and Frazier reached an agreement making him the permanent head coach. In his first season as head coach, the rebuilding Vikings went 3ā€“13, their worst season since 1984. On December 5, 2011, Vikings owner Zygi Wilf stated Frazier would return in 2012.[3]

In Frazier's second full year as head coach, the Vikings improved to 10ā€“6, making the playoffs.[4] The biggest single-season turn around in Vikings history resulted in Frazier finishing fourth in voting for the NFL Coach of the Year Award and the Vikings exercising their fourth year team option to keep Frazier under contract through 2014.[5]

On December 30, 2013, Frazier was fired as the Vikings head coach after a 5ā€“10ā€“1 season.[6]

Frazier was hired by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to be their defensive coordinator on January 3, 2014. On January 7, 2016, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced that they would not pick up Frazier's 2016 option.

On January 15, 2016, Frazier was hired by the Baltimore Ravens as their secondary coach.[7]

On January 12, 2017, Frazier was hired by the Buffalo Bills to be their defensive coordinator.[8] On March 4, 2020, Frazier was promoted to assistant head coach.[9]

Didn't seem like he sucked in Minn.​

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Weā€™re fucked, again. The incompetence wonā€™t change until Virginia passes. I wish no harm on her at all but thatā€™s the truth. Once they canā€™t pay for the inheritance taxā€¦hello Bezosā€™ Bears!! Heā€™ll prolly call them that too.
Dude, Virginia is 99 and probably doesnt have a clue as to wtf is going on. They prop her up like Bernie from Weekend at Bernies for the games.
They arent selling the team if they buy Arlington.
IMO, Fields could be a much better QB than Kaep if he realizes his potential. He can run like Kaep and he's a better passer.
You always say Fields is a good passer, please show me proof of that in the NFL. He has been below average in everything and would have led the league in fumbles had he not missed the last 3 or 4 games. MFer still holds the ball too damn long, still doesnt go thru his reads, if the first read isnt open he is looking to tuck and run. Very rarely sees the blitz coming and even when he does recognize it, he doesnt know how to adjust and hit the hot read. I'll help you out a little, then you show me where he has been good in the NFL

31st in passing yards
30th in completion %
34th in TD's
31st in INT %
31st Total QBR
28th QBR
3rd in Fumbles
ZERO GWD

Rico

Addict
TCG Sponsor
Nov 25, 2020
Nothing will change until there are sweeping changes at the top. Unfortunately, they're more focused on the move to Arlington than the actual product on the field.

Wish they would go the way the Bulls did when Michael Reinsdorf finally looked in the mirror and admitted that he and Pax are out of touch with today's NBA. Fast forward to today and the Bulls are 1st place in the East.

Maro

TCG Elite Member
Jun 20, 2008
You always say Fields is a good passer, please show me proof of that in the NFL. He has been below average in everything and would have led the league in fumbles had he not missed the last 3 or 4 games. MFer still holds the ball too damn long, still doesnt go thru his reads, if the first read isnt open he is looking to tuck and run. Very rarely sees the blitz coming and even when he does recognize it, he doesnt know how to adjust and hit the hot read. I'll help you out a little, then you show me where he has been good in the NFL

31st in passing yards
30th in completion %
34th in TD's
31st in INT %
31st Total QBR
28th QBR
3rd in Fumbles
ZERO GWD
Almost all rookies at the QB position suck. Pair that with a injured horrible o-line and it's going to look especially bad.

You should look into rookie QB season stats from across the years, you'll see most have a really bad first year. It's arguably the most difficult position in all of sports. This is why you need to give them a few years before coming to any conclusion on if they'll pan out as a franchise QB

Reactions: Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
That's what I'm saying. Look at Josh Allen's first year. 50% completion rate. 10 TDs, 12 INTs. He is now one of the top QBs in the league. You CANNOT judge a QB by first year stats. College is way different than the pros. It takes at least a year of playing for QBs to learn the new systems. Maybe longer. Watch the Polian video I posted where he says the same thing. This is a guy who is a 6 time GM of the year talking.

Reactions: Maro

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Almost all rookies at the QB position suck. Pair that with a injured horrible o-line and it's going to look especially bad.

You should look into rookie QB season stats from across the years, you'll see most have a really bad first year. It's arguably the most difficult position in all of sports. This is why you need to give them a few years before coming to any conclusion on if they'll pan out as a franchise QB
Were you comparing Tru Bust Ski to Russel Wilson as well? Because your buddy Flyn did on more than 1 occasion.
Now he like to compare Fields to Allen, lmmfao!
I understand rookie QB's and the struggles. Fumbling the ball, and a horrible completion % is 100% on Fields. How many times did he have time and miss guys wide open? He doesnt have it, he will be average at best.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Maro

TCG Elite Member
Jun 20, 2008
Were you comparing Tru Bust Ski to Russel Wilson as well? Because your buddy Flyn did on more than 1 occasion.
Now he like to compare Fields to Allen, lmmfao!
I understand rookie QB's and the struggles. Fumbling the ball, and a horrible completion % is 100% on Fields. How many times did he have time and miss guys wide open? He doesnt have it, he will be average at best.
What's your thoughts on the rest of the qbs from his draft class?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
That's what I'm saying. Look at Josh Allen's first year. 50% completion rate. 10 TDs, 12 INTs. He is now one of the top QBs in the league. You CANNOT judge a QB by first year stats. College is way different than the pros. It takes at least a year of playing for QBs to learn the new systems. Maybe longer. Watch the Polian video I posted where he says the same thing. This is a guy who is a 6 time GM of the year talking.
You said the same shit about Tru Bust Ski. Most of us said after his 1st full year he was going to be a bust. You defended him like he was the next coming of Joe Montana or Tom Brady. You said the exact same shit, you cant judge him after his 1st year, he has all the tools to be great lol. You didnt jump off the Mitch train until he had a few games left in his Bears career.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Maro

TCG Elite Member
Jun 20, 2008
Havent paid much attention to them, so really cant answer that question.
nBUfLbb.gif

Reactions: Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Says it all. I will say Polian is far more knowledgeable than anyone else on the selection committee. These guys are full of crap as far as trying to make Polian accountable. Take what he knows and hope he makes good moves. If you don't use Polian, who do you rely on? McCaskey? Phillips? Soup? Wade? Win or lose, Polian is the guy. Shawn will like these guys.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Says it all. I will say Polian is far more knowledgeable than anyone else on the selection committee. These guys are full of crap as far as trying to make Polian accountable. Take what he knows and hope he makes good moves. If you don't use Polian, who do you rely on? McCaskey? Phillips? Soup? Wade? Win or lose, Polian is the guy. Shawn will like these guys.

Pretty pathetic they have to go outside of Halas Hall for football knowledge and guidance when selecting a GM and HC.

I wouldnā€™t be praising the Bears for engaging Polian as it shows how the organization is a disaster from a football / product perspective.

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info