šŸˆ NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Wouldn't surprise me one bit they keep Nagy, as you are dealing with the Bears afterall....

These dumbshits fired Lovie after a 10-6 season. And we complained back then about how bad he was. Little did you know how much worse you could fall in terms of coaching, but the Bears found it 3 separate times in 10 years and went with it.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Report: Bears to fire Matt Nagy after Thanksgiving game

Alex Shapiro
Tue, November 23, 2021, 9:41 AM

Report: Bears to fire Matt Nagy after Thanksgiving game originally appeared on NBC Sports Chicago
A report Tuesday morning says the Bears have told Matt Nagy he will be fired following the Bearsā€™ Thanksgiving Day game against the Lions. According to Mark Konkol from Patch, the Bears told Nagy that he was going to be fired on Monday.
The Bears have never fired a coach midseason before.
Itā€™s a quick fall from grace for Nagy, who was hired in 2018, led the Bears to their first NFC North title since 2008, and won the Coach of the Year award.
If he is fired after Thanksgiving, Nagy will finish his Bears tenure with a winning record. He currently stands at 31-27.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Still makes no sense to me.

If I was told "hey, you're fired but we want you to coach on Thursday" I would be calling the worst game I possibly could to give the Lions their first win if I even showed up.....

Not if you want to coach another team someday.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

He wont be a NFL head coach again.

NFL coordinator maybe, college head coach maybe, but I dont see him being a NFL head coach again.

Would you think "well, he got fired and still coached a game anyway, so he's our guy!" if you were hiring for a head coach?

Reactions: Shawn1112

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
He wont be a NFL head coach again.

NFL coordinator maybe, college head coach maybe, but I dont see him being a NFL head coach again.

Would you think "well, he got fired and still coached a game anyway, so he's our guy!" if you were hiring for a head coach?

Agreed, but purposely throwing a game doesnt look good on a resume.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Still makes no sense to me.

If I was told "hey, you're fired but we want you to coach on Thursday" I would be calling the worst game I possibly could to give the Lions their first win if I even showed up.....

Exactly. If you know you are looking for a job soon, you dont cut off your nose to spite your face. You do your damndest.

Neither does coaching a game when they fired you IMO.

Of course he wouldn't come out and say "Im going to coach this game to lose" so who would know from his normal moronic decisions on game day? :bowrofl:

See above. If he ever wants a football job again, he needs to be in top form.

Nagy will have a press conference soon as well, so we shall see what he says.

"There I was.....in Detroit."

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

They were chanting fire Nagy at his kids football game. :bowrofl:

Not sure I would call the Illinois state semi-final football game a "kid's" football game. Anyone that has attended high school football games before knows this is pretty mild on the scale of what is said/chanted at HS football games.

Reactions: Shawn1112

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Not sure I would call the Illinois state semi-final football game a "kid's" football game. Anyone that has attended high school football games before knows this is pretty mild on the scale of what is said/chanted at HS football games.

Its still Nagy's kid is it not?

Should I have said Son? :bowrofl:

Nitpicky bastards on here.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk and Fish
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info