šŸˆ NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Didnā€™t see any of the game due to being at a wake. Listened to some talk radio and sounds like they lost to a QB that had 16 career passes lol. Chet Donnelly Ryan02Stang I also heard on talk radio. They were chanting ā€œfire Nagyā€, did you hear that? My brother said outside of 1 pass to Mooney, that Fields looked like shit again.
Looks like Mr Cup always full wasnā€™t defending them or Fields today.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Once again, it's time to dump the big money players, keep the youth who show promise and rebuild through the draft. Yay.
Nobody is taking on Mack, Quinn, Jackson or Foles salaries.
In all honesty, they dont have many young guys who show promise imo, outside of maybe Herbert. Fields, Kmet, Mooney and Jaylon Johnson have shown flashes but I wouldnt call it promise. I cant really think of any others, we havent seen shit from the 2 tackles they drafted.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Typical ā€œrinse and repeatā€ approach that one would hear from a General Manager and Head Coach who are starting to pack up their desks.
As we have all said, its starts at the top, we need new ownership. Someone who cares about winning and not just making every dollar possible.
I ran into friends of ours yesterday at a wake I was at. They are season ticket holders and sit in PSL seats right where the Bears come out of the tunnel.
They were saying they are seriously thinking of giving them up. They said the amount of money they are spending is obscene for the product being put on the field.
The only reason they are holding on to them at this point is the possibility of the Bears moving to Arlington Hts

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Didnā€™t see any of the game due to being at a wake. Listened to some talk radio and sounds like they lost to a QB that had 16 career passes lol. Chet Donnelly Ryan02Stang I also heard on talk radio. They were chanting ā€œfire Nagyā€, did you hear that? My brother said outside of 1 pass to Mooney, that Fields looked like shit again.
Looks like Mr Cup always full wasnā€™t defending them or Fields today.

Crowd was chanting fire Nagy and booed the living shit out of him multiple times during the game. He is absolutely terrible.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
As we have all said, its starts at the top, we need new ownership. Someone who cares about winning and not just making every dollar possible.
I ran into friends of ours yesterday at a wake I was at. They are season ticket holders and sit in PSL seats right where the Bears come out of the tunnel.
They were saying they are seriously thinking of giving them up. They said the amount of money they are spending is obscene for the product being put on the field.
The only reason they are holding on to them at this point is the possibility of the Bears moving to Arlington Hts
Yep, I'd give up my season tickets faster than I can blink right now if the bears weren't moving to Arlington Heights.

Terrible product, terrible GameDay experience, annoying as hell how difficult it is to get to soldier field, etc.

Reactions: Fish and Shawn1112

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
What a surprise, you put in a pro-bowl caliber QB and he can actually make throws and get TDs.... Imagine that

You mean, change the play calling when a different QB comes in and give him a simple completion and let your playmakers make plays? THATS A RECIPE FOR SUCCESS!!??!?!? WHO KNEW!!!!!

Iā€™ll also leave this here.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I am on vacation and was delighted that the Bears vs Ravens game was being televised in Mexico in Spanish. The Bears took the lead at the end and I was excited that they were going to pull one off! All of a sudden the stream ended with that final Bears touchdown. I was freaking out that we couldnā€™t watch the end but I thought, less than a minute, what could happen?? Our D is decent enough. I go check my Bears app for recap and seent they lostā€¦WTF

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I am on vacation and was delighted that the Bears vs Ravens game was being televised in Mexico in Spanish. The Bears took the lead at the end and I was excited that they were going to pull one off! All of a sudden the stream ended with that final Bears touchdown. I was freaking out that we couldnā€™t watch the end but I thought, less than a minute, what could happen?? Our D is decent enough. I go check my Bears app for recap and seent they lostā€¦WTF

Oure D is living on great stats in non-important situations, but when it is on the line, they've been out there all game, they've collapsed like folding chairs week after week.

Not surprised they lost. Unless they have the last posession and are scoring with seconds left in the game, one can be guaranteed that the opposition will march through them like a hot knife through butter to at least get in FG range.

Reactions: Aircal

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Yeah, they ripped into the team today, and rightly so.

I HOPE that we lose on Thursday to the Lions and Nagy has a real black Friday looking for a new job. He's horrible.
I REALLY want them to lose to the Lions. Even though they have never fired a coach mid season. Losing to the Lions and making it 6 losses in a row for consecutive seasons. You would really have to believe they would fire him.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Losing to the 0-9-1 Lions in front of a national audience on Thanksgiving might be one of the few things that would push the Bears to fire Nagy midseason.

I would like to see them fire him, put Desai or Lazor in as interim coach and let the OC/DCs around the league know the Bears are looking for a head coach and have a brand spanking new, potentially great QB to develop. Then try to make a few trades with contenders and pick up some draft picks. Dump any older players with high salaries that are possible to get rid of with their high priced contracts and not too big cap hits. Bears do have some talented youth like Fields, Roquan, Borom, Gipson, Teven?, etc. to build around so, maybe, a rebuild could be accomplished in a couple years rather than five.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info