šŸˆ NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You can bet Pace is already working on Nagy's replacement.

You guys have any preferences?

Jim Harbaugh
Dave Toub
Brian Daboll
Josh McDaniels
Kellen Moore
Eric Bieniemy

My list so far in no particular order. I'd put Brian Daboll at the top at the moment. He has improved the Bills offense in each year of the past few and brought Josh Allen along from sucky to great.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
You can bet Pace is already working on Nagy's replacement.

You guys have any preferences?

Jim Harbaugh
Dave Toub
Brian Daboll
Josh McDaniels
Kellen Moore
Eric Bieniemy

My list so far in no particular order. I'd put Brian Daboll at the top at the moment. He has improved the Bills offense in each year of the past few and brought Josh Allen along from sucky to great.
Pace has no business hiring the replacement. He needs to go as well.
Id take Harbough first and Daboll or McDaniels 2A/2B

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Chet Donnelly Ryan02Stang did you go to the game today? If so can you confIrm what looks like a good amount of empty seats?
I was there yesterday, but left in the third quarter. There was definitely a lot of empty seats. Between the weather being awful (I would have rather had it colder and snowing rather than raining), and the Bears looking like absolute trash....I wasn't going to sit around any longer. My 6 year old was tying to act like a hardass acting like he wasn't bothered by the weather...but I could tell he was freezing his ass off, and I was not entertained by the circus on the field.

You can see in the pic below how many empty seats there were. This was as the Bears were running on the field to start the game....when usually most of the seats are filled at that point.

Snapchat-49702438.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Was it his 1st game, either way thats awesome that you guys get to experience that. He was just acting tough to make you proud.
Is he wrestling yet, now is the time to get him started, any later and he will be way behind. Kids are starting at 4 now a days.

Good to see, hit those cheap prick owners in the pocket book.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Was it his 1st game, either way thats awesome that you guys get to experience that. He was just acting tough to make you proud.
Is he wrestling yet, now is the time to get him started, any later and he will be way behind. Kids are starting at 4 now a days.

Good to see, hit those cheap prick owners in the pocket book.
It was his 2nd game, first was the Ravens two weeks ago. I was supposed to take my 8 year old daughter to this game, but she went outside in the morning and said no way. My 6 year old was begging to go....he loves it.

Him and my 4 year old both started wrestling last month (Arlington Cardinals). This is my 6 year old's second year wrestling, and the 4 year old's first year. Really happy with the Cardinals so far, they work a good balance of being tough on the kids without burning them out. Both my boys are obsessed with it.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Him and my 4 year old both started wrestling last month (Arlington Cardinals). This is my 6 year old's second year wrestling, and the 4 year old's first year. Really happy with the Cardinals so far, they work a good balance of being tough on the kids without burning them out. Both my boys are obsessed with it.
No shit, thats bad ass and thats a pretty good program. They have a few kids wrestling at D1 colleges that came out of that program.
If your boys truly love it, the next step is going year round including Freestyle and Greco. Thats what truly separates the elite kids when they get older.
If you guys choose to go that route. Off-season I would look at Izzy Style, thats where your going to get the best practice partners.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Troof...

The Bears have largely fumbled through the 2021 season en route to a 4-8 record. But after the teamā€™s 33-22 loss to the Cardinals on Sunday, Matt Nagy said the team is still dedicated to winning games, rather than focusing on developing young players. While some Bears fans didnā€™t like to hear that, on NBC Sports Chicagoā€™s ā€œFootball Aftershow,ā€ it wasnā€™t the message that bothered host David Kaplan, it was how he delivered it.

Kaplan started by paraphrasing a moment from Nagyā€™s post game press conference, starting with a reporterā€™s question.

ā€œDo you think you could compete with Green Bay on Sunday Night Football,ā€ Kaplan said on ā€œFootball Aftershow.ā€ ā€œā€˜Weā€™re going to try. They got a great quarterback.ā€™ How about, ā€˜Youā€™re goddamn right weā€™re going to come there to compete.ā€™ Sorry for swearing on TV, itā€™s cable. ā€˜Weā€™re going to be there to compete, and if you donā€™t think we will, donā€™t cover the game.ā€™

ā€œGod, we sound like such losers. ā€˜Well, weā€™re going to try. Weā€™ll get there and Aaronā€™s really good and I, deep down, think heā€™s going to beat our ass.ā€™ Really? Come on, man.ā€

To be fair hereā€™s the complete quote from Nagy when asked how his team finds confidence heading into Green Bay, when theyā€™ve gone 1-5 against teams with a winning record:

ā€œJust keep fighting. Let the guys know weā€™re in this thing together. So no matter who were playing, whatever their record is, whoever they areäø€ Green Bayā€™s another team, top of the league record-wise, unbelievable quarterback and theyā€™re on a roll right now. The only thing we can do is keep fighting and sticking together.

ā€œI know it can sound old. I know it can sound monotonous. I gotcha. But when youā€™re in these moments, when youā€™re in that locker room together and youā€™re fighting together and everyoneā€™s practicing, youā€™re in meetings together and you go out on that field together, weā€™re always going to give it everything that weā€™ve got. Thatā€™s all we can do, no matter who weā€™re playing. It just so happens that theyā€™re up next. Theyā€™re a hell of a football team coming off a bye and theyā€™ll be ready too.ā€

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Troof...

Dude, you gotta watch his post game show on CSN after every game. Him, Olin, Briggs and Alex Brown tell it like it is. They do give credit when credit is due, but they are usually ripping the Bears a new asshole. The Bears really should hire Olin like the Lions did with Chris Speilman. An X player who will tell management how it is and has the teams best interest at heart. I'm no expert even though I act like one on TCG lol, but listening to those dudes and the shit they say really makes sense. Olin sounds like he would really be a great coach imo, if he ever chose to give it a shot.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I'm rarely around a TV to be honest as I'm usually working on something around one of the houses. I do catch him in the morning on MVP. Olin does come on other shows on the Score and MVP and unleashes pretty much too.

I do miss the the days of Doug and OB on the Score post game. Kinda the same thing. OB would be losing his mind and putting everyone on notice. He has to be rolling in his grave right now.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Speaking of Kruetz. I think one of his sons is a center for Illinois. But the next son is a LB at Loyola and supposedly really good. Saw a story on him last week, that he had like 150 tackles, 20ish TFL, 6-10 sacks, played offense as well and scored like 7TD's for Loyola HS. They are projecting him to be a safety in college.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
As a 30 year Cards fan I was happy, obviously. I had two tickets in the 300 section, 40 yard line on the Bears side, red/white parking, and I couldn't get ANYONE to go with me for free, which blew my mind. So I gave them to some guy at my wife's office and I watched it from home, but really sucks that I didn't get to see my boys as I try to go to at least one away game every season.

Y'all got Fields and he could be really solid with the right system, so hopefully they will build around him this time. Unfortunately the Bears ownership is super "thrifty" and they will probably shitcan Nagy and keep everyone else while telling potential coaches that they have to work with those coaches and not bring in their own staff like they did with Ariens. Wash, rince, repeat.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Future of the franchise.... LMFAO

Fields is a horrible QB, his future is as a backup at best. Unless he can find some way to greatly improve his performances, he wont even be that. The guy barely completes 50% of his passes and averages 100 yards a game. He makes Tebow look like Tom Brady, and they ran him out of the league. What the hell do people see in that guy?

• Dislike
Reactions: Maro

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
For comparison, look at Josh Allen's first year stats. Buffalo went 6-10 that year with better coaches than the Bears have.

Reactions: Maro
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info