NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
He is 100% gone by the end of the season. I’d be willing to put a wager on it.
Will Pace get shit canned as well is the bigger question.

VenomousDSG

Better Call Lalo
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me one bit they keep Nagy, as you are dealing with the Bears afterall....

These dumbshits fired Lovie after a 10-6 season. And we complained back then about how bad he was. Little did you know how much worse you could fall in terms of coaching, but the Bears found it 3 separate times in 10 years and went with it.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the rumor is this is Nagy's last week. Don't know why they'd tell him he's gone and then give him another week?
they wouldnt. Its all speculation until hes officially fired.

I mean would you show up to the game if you knew you were fired?

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Report: Bears to fire Matt Nagy after Thanksgiving game

Alex Shapiro
Tue, November 23, 2021, 9:41 AM

Report: Bears to fire Matt Nagy after Thanksgiving game originally appeared on NBC Sports Chicago
A report Tuesday morning says the Bears have told Matt Nagy he will be fired following the Bears’ Thanksgiving Day game against the Lions. According to Mark Konkol from Patch, the Bears told Nagy that he was going to be fired on Monday.
The Bears have never fired a coach midseason before.
It’s a quick fall from grace for Nagy, who was hired in 2018, led the Bears to their first NFC North title since 2008, and won the Coach of the Year award.
If he is fired after Thanksgiving, Nagy will finish his Bears tenure with a winning record. He currently stands at 31-27.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Still makes no sense to me.

If I was told "hey, you're fired but we want you to coach on Thursday" I would be calling the worst game I possibly could to give the Lions their first win if I even showed up.....

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Not if you want to coach another team someday.
He wont be a NFL head coach again.

NFL coordinator maybe, college head coach maybe, but I dont see him being a NFL head coach again.

Would you think "well, he got fired and still coached a game anyway, so he's our guy!" if you were hiring for a head coach?

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
He wont be a NFL head coach again.

NFL coordinator maybe, college head coach maybe, but I dont see him being a NFL head coach again.

Would you think "well, he got fired and still coached a game anyway, so he's our guy!" if you were hiring for a head coach?
Agreed, but purposely throwing a game doesnt look good on a resume.

Fish

From the quiet street
Donating Member
Reaction score
Still makes no sense to me.

If I was told "hey, you're fired but we want you to coach on Thursday" I would be calling the worst game I possibly could to give the Lions their first win if I even showed up.....
Not if you want to coach another team someday.
Exactly. If you know you are looking for a job soon, you dont cut off your nose to spite your face. You do your damndest.

Neither does coaching a game when they fired you IMO.

Of course he wouldn't come out and say "Im going to coach this game to lose" so who would know from his normal moronic decisions on game day? :bowrofl:
See above. If he ever wants a football job again, he needs to be in top form.

Nagy will have a press conference soon as well, so we shall see what he says.
"There I was.....in Detroit."

WhiteKnuckleScat

Mopowah Baby!!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Too little to late. In year that the Packers don't look great, we could've won the division. Hopefully better times ahead.

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score

They were chanting fire Nagy at his kids football game. :bowrofl:
Not sure I would call the Illinois state semi-final football game a "kid's" football game. Anyone that has attended high school football games before knows this is pretty mild on the scale of what is said/chanted at HS football games.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Not sure I would call the Illinois state semi-final football game a "kid's" football game. Anyone that has attended high school football games before knows this is pretty mild on the scale of what is said/chanted at HS football games.
Its still Nagy's kid is it not?

Should I have said Son? :bowrofl:

Nitpicky bastards on here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom