šŸˆ NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Makes sense that Eberflus is poaching his old team for talent. More interesting is the Luke Getsy news. If you can't beat the Pack, steal their coaches?

Love it or hate it, Bears are cleaning house and bringing in a bunch of young guys. Most are in their 30s. Eberflus will be the old man at 51.

Reactions: Maro

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Eberflus so far, hits the ground running and is putting his staff together rapidly.

cheetah-running-icegif-1.gif

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
OK, I have chills. This would be a damned good coaching staff. Hugely better than what the Bears had this year.

You really are "glass half full". :D

The Bears have opened up the purse strings before to bring in people that were highly regarded in their role and we haven't done shit.

Until I see results, this is the same ole' dumpster fire regardless of who they bring in.

Reactions: Blownbyyou

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
You really are "glass 100% full". :D

The Bears have opened up the purse strings before to bring in people that were highly regarded in their role and we haven't done shit.

Until I see results, this is the same ole' dumpster fire regardless of who they bring in.
Fixed!
Sounds like Bears will be playing 4-3 cover 2 zone. That's a Lovie Smith type defense. Does well against average QBs. Bears will need to have players step up to handle top QBs. Let's hope the rush is putting pressure on them.
If they go to a 4-3, Quinn and Mack play D End which they essentially do in a 3-4 except they are considered LB's. Does Roquan slide to MLB or does he play OLB and who are your other 2 LB'ers? Trevathian and Ogletree arent every down LB'ers. Christian Jones could be serviceable but I dont like that either.
I hate the cover 2 with a passion and is very easy to pick a part, I really hope they dont run that bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Bears hire Ian Cunningham as assistant GM. First ever assistant GM in Bears history. Poles stole player personnel coordinator Cunningham away from Philly. Cunningham is also an offensive line guru. Looks like the Bears are going to put a lot of importance on improving the O line. Good place to start the rebuild. Poles looks like he is building a younger group of guys with a rebuild in mind. Bears will have GM, assistant GM, college scouting director, pro scouting director, Personnel executive. 5 guys who will be responsible for rebuilding the team. Poles is not sitting back in his new job. He's another cheetah running full speed.

5 man front office? McCaskeys must be flipping out. "He's hiring who now?" Pace never had the balls to do this.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I like the fact that Poles has taken over the process and is doing it his way not the McCaskey way. Checking out the names he is selecting, he's going young and untested rather than old veterans. Bears are going to be either really good or really bad depending on how these kids do at their new jobs.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I like the fact that Poles has taken over the process and is doing it his way not the McCaskey way. Checking out the names he is selecting, he's going young and untested rather than old veterans. Bears are going to be either really good or really bad depending on how these kids do at their new jobs.
Too bad he didnā€™t have a choice in the HC.
So that to me is still the McCaskey way

Reactions: CMNTMXR57
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info