šŸˆ NFL Official 2021 Chicago Bears Thread - Once again a Bust

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
You see what Daboll did with Allen and Buffalo tonight? Bring him here, let him develop Fields in a high pass, smart offense and we'll see. Bears have better RBs than Buffalo, too, so Daboll would have more weapons.
So the Bears have someone like Diggs and Knox on their roster? I mean those are the Bills best weapons imo.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
From the sports mockery article above.

A smart head coach would understand a strict offensive system rarely works in the NFL without the ideal personnel to run it. More often it is best to craft a scheme that fits the talent you have. Nagy resisted this approach for most of his first three seasons. Not until the Bears were in the midst of a six-game losing streak in 2020 did he finally face reality. The staff adjusted the system to fit Trubiskyā€™s skillset and they won three straight to reach the playoffs.

True to form, Matt Nagy learned nothing from that experience. Trubisky was allowed to walk in free agency. The Bears signed Andy Dalton to replace him and then traded up to draft Justin Fields. He also took back play calling duties from Bill Lazor. It was evident at that point the man wasnā€™t going to change. He was hell-bent on running his offense. Unsurprisingly, it crashed and burned.

Minions Mic Drop GIF

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The more and more I read about Nagy, the more I really dislike him. Probably doesnt help that a lot of management I seem to run into is a lot like him. Two faced, ignorant, and even blatant lack of knowledge of the job he was hired to do.

Lets be honest, you hire an OC to run the offense. Not a HC. You hire a DC to run the defense. Not a HC. You hire a HC to put everything together and see where your flaws are and strengthen your team to the best of your ability while paying attention to the game itself and make moves to put your squad on the winning side of the contest.

Nagy obviously cant run an offense.
Nagy obviously couldnt pay attention to the game and make correct moves during the game. We cant even count how many times dude would call time out cause he was just clueless.
Nagy couldnt see flaws and correct them.
Nagy couldnt be a leader in general.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It's about time for the Bears to get their act together and get a GM and HC hired before the other teams grab the good ones.

My faves so far.

GM: Rick Smith. Has GM experience and did a great job in Houston. Only left because his wife was terminally ill. Houston collapsed after he left.

HC: Brian Daboll. I like him even more after his 47 point game this week against the Patriots.

C'mon Bears. Get a move on.

Reactions: Maro

Maro

TCG Elite Member
Jun 20, 2008
It's about time for the Bears to get their act together and get a GM and HC hired before the other teams grab the good ones.

My faves so far.

GM: Rick Smith. Has GM experience and did a great job in Houston. Only left because his wife was terminally ill. Houston collapsed after he left.

HC: Brian Daboll. I like him even more after his 47 point game this week against the Patriots.

C'mon Bears. Get a move on.
I'm 100% with you on these, especially Rick Smith. He did a stellar job in Houston before stepping away. He's also got experience as VP of football operations in addition to his GM work, we desperately need that

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
A couple more GM candidates I like.

Joe Schoen - Buffalo assistant GM

Monti Ossenfort - Titans Director of personnel

Schoen has done a good job in Buffalo helping to bring a team that is similar to the Bears in sucking for so long to the top of the heap. A plus would be he might be able to bring Daboll with him and give the Bears what Buffalo has now.

Ossenfort isn't being talked about much but the Titans won the AFC without Derek Henry playing and an average QB. Says a lot about the quality of that team.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
If McCaskey has any brains at all, he will let Polian make the choice and will stay on the golf course after that while a good GM runs the team. Phillips can run the stadium deal where he might do OK. Might be too much to hope for but there are enough good GM candidates out there that the Bears MIGHT get a good one.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
If I was CEO of an organization and didn't know how to run it properly, wouldn't it be in my best interests to sit in the background collecting a big paycheck after hiring someone who could?

Polian is the key. He may be old but he knows football. I put the odds somewhere around 50/50 that the Bears make the right decisions this time.

Reactions: Maro

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
If I was CEO of an organization and didn't know how to run it properly, wouldn't it be in my best interests to sit in the background collecting a big paycheck after hiring someone who could?

Polian is the key. He may be old but he knows football. I put the odds somewhere around 50/50 that the Bears make the right decisions this time.

The Bears became a $4b enterprise under McCaskey and Phillips. They know how to run an organization.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

And sometimes your need for control and power supercede that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info