TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Times.....

Thems are a changing.

Bradys out.
Aarons out.
Ben out.

No "dynasty" QBs left.

Stafford 1st year with Rams looks like stud. Detroits wasted all those years with him.

Bens retiredā€¦ Rodgers all but said heā€™s abandoning the packers. (So retirement? Or? Because heā€™s still under contract)

Question now is does Brady come back? Does he finally hang it up for more of a family life? He has nothing left to prove. Itā€™s all for the love of the game now.

Could be one large sad year for football potentially

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Bens retiredā€¦ Rodgers all but said heā€™s abandoning the packers. (So retirement? Or? Because heā€™s still under contract)

Question now is does Brady come back? Does he finally hang it up for more of a family life? He has nothing left to prove. Itā€™s all for the love of the game now.

Could be one large sad year for football potentially
Isnā€™t Rodgers a F/A? I thought when he agreed to return this year the Packers nullified the final year of his contract.

Reactions: Rent Free

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Isnā€™t Rodgers a F/A? I thought when he agreed to return this year the Packers nullified the final year of his contract.
I think he has another year but itā€™s some ridiculous amount they canā€™t afford so itā€™s either restructure with a long term deal or release him.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013

Let me double check. The last time I looked stuff up the terms of his previous 4 year deal didnā€™t start until last year. So Iā€™m essence he would still have 2 years left. I was unaware of a new negotiation. Stand by

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Ok so the Rodgers situation is basically complicated. Technically heā€™s on the hook to play for them in 2022 if they so choose. However, he takes up a lot of cap space which the packers are very much over right now.

If they cut or trade him, they take a 26 million dollar dead hit to the cap space.

Overall from what Iā€™m trying to read is there is nothing technically forcing them to move on from Rodgers and it would be messy probably either way. However some of the experts are saying unless they can truly see themselves going for a 2022 super bowl run, itā€™s best to move on from him and invest in Love.

Reactions: Shawn1112

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

He will have a cap hit of like 40 million, so itā€™s basically restructure or release him.

ā€œWhat is noteworthy is that if Rodgers were stay with Green Bay in 2022 the Packers would suffer a cap hit of more than $40 million, a number that is almost impossible for a team to bear. That gives Rodgers leverage after this season.ā€

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Ok so the Rodgers situation is basically complicated. Technically heā€™s on the hook to play for them in 2022 if they so choose. However, he takes up a lot of cap space which the packers are very much over right now.

If they cut or trade him, they take a 26 million dollar dead hit to the cap space.

Overall from what Iā€™m trying to read is there is nothing technically forcing them to move on from Rodgers and it would be messy probably either way. However some of the experts are saying unless they can truly see themselves going for a 2022 super bowl run, itā€™s best to move on from him and invest in Love.
Itā€™s basically pay Rodgers a ton and have no other players, or sign him to a long term deal to afford other players, or release him.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Brady will be back at least 1 more year, ill put $1000 on that. He is still a top 3 QB.

I wasnā€™t trying to downplay his skills. I just know the whole family life thing has really come into play lately. Him stepping away wouldnā€™t be about not being able to compete thatā€™s for sure.

At 44 going on 45 next season heā€™s better than 95% of those playing today. (He still canā€™t run rofl)

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013

He will have a cap hit of like 40 million, so itā€™s basically restructure or release him

Basically yes. You are correct. And heā€™s already said he has no want to stick around for a rebuild. And they cannot afford the weapons they currently had this season.

So unless they pull some magic out I would agree heā€™s released. Which it seems is what he wants.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

img_1_1642982524939.jpg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I wasnā€™t trying to downplay his skills. I just know the whole family life thing has really come into play lately. Him stepping away wouldnā€™t be about not being able to compete thatā€™s for sure.

At 44 going on 45 next season heā€™s better than 95% of those playing today. (He still canā€™t run rofl)
There was a stat during the game that the last time he had this many yards rushing was 10 years ago.

I agree heā€™s the GOAT but at some point heā€™s just gotta say heā€™s done playing. I guess it all depends what the Bucs can do in signing other people if he wants to keep playing.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
There was a stat during the game that the last time he had this many yards rushing was 10 years ago.

I agree heā€™s the GOAT but at some point heā€™s just gotta say heā€™s done playing. I guess it all depends what the Bucs can do in signing other people if he wants to keep playing.

Heā€™s actually beating most of his stats from earlier on. Heā€™s getting better every year. Itā€™s Insane. I will be very sad when he retires. Iā€™ve watched him for 15 years or so now. I really wonā€™t know what to do on Sundayā€™s when he goes

I guess F1 lol. Or sit in silence lol

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Heā€™s actually beating most of his stats from earlier on. Heā€™s getting better every year. Itā€™s Insane. I will be very sad when he retires. Iā€™ve watched him for 15 years or so now. I really wonā€™t know what to do on Sundayā€™s when he goes

I guess F1 lol. Or sit in silence lol
So you donā€™t root for a team, just a player?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
So you donā€™t root for a team, just a player?

Patriots and Bucks for me. Patriots because they are the OG team for me, and bucs because of Brady.

The nfl in general will just feel weird when heā€™s gone. I was in jr high when he won his first Super Bowl. So yea

A part of me still wishes he would have retired a patriot. It still feels weird.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info