šŸˆ NFL Official 2021-2022 NFL Thread

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Less than a week until the new season starts. Here are the important off season dates.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
From NBC Sports:

The NFL's 2021 salary cap will be $182.5 million per team.
The official cap is about $500,000 less than what teams were expecting, and a marked drop off from 2020's cap of $198.2 million. The league told teams they won't be allowed to borrow cap room from future years to help them in 2021. The NFLPA told its reps this week that this yearā€™s cap would have dropped to about $155 million if all COVID-related losses had been taken into account. That would have been disastrous for a number of teams. ESPN's Dan Graziano said the NFLPA negotiated a cap ā€œfloorā€ of $175 million last summer to guard against such a scenario. Dak Prescott's front-loaded deal is a sign that the 2022 salary cap will be far higher than this year's number. Free agents this year could opt for more one-year contracts in hopes of signing more lucrative long-term deals after the salary cap climbs in 2022.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013

Typical Brady.... When will some of these new QBs learn that if you want to win you need other people with you....

I guess it helps when the money youre pulling in still doesnt make you the breadwinner in the household, but still. :bowrofl:

I literally say this all the time. The dude is playing the game physically and mentally better than anyone. He is the MJ of football no doubt

IMG_0983.jpg

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine

Typical Brady.... When will some of these new QBs learn that if you want to win you need other people with you....

I guess it helps when the money youre pulling in still doesnt make you the breadwinner in the household, but still. :bowrofl:

Guy just wants to win. Those rings have to mean more to him than money and he gets how much other money from sponsorships?

He has to get that Shaq Icyhot money for how old he is.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Hey Mahomes, probably what you should be doing.
Everyone likes to ask if he (Mahomes) will win as many as Brady. Not with his contract lol

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Yeah I really don't understand how the NFL and the QB's got to the point that they think it's logical for one player to get paid ~20% of the entire team's cap space. Brady is the only one smart enough to see it, the rest will get beat up and have nobody to throw to. The only QB's that would justify a price tag like that would be mahomes because he can do it all, but even that goes away with just one bad hit.

Crazy to me that the cowboys paid that much for Dak when his stats aren't that impressive and he just demolished his leg at the end of last season

Brady is playing chess and the other guys are playing checkers.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Yeah I really don't understand how the NFL and the QB's got to the point that they think it's logical for one player to get paid ~20% of the entire team's cap space. Brady is the only one smart enough to see it, the rest will get beat up and have nobody to throw to. The only QB's that would justify a price tag like that would be mahomes because he can do it all, but even that goes away with just one bad hit.

Crazy to me that the cowboys paid that much for Dak when his stats aren't that impressive and he just demolished his leg at the end of last season

Brady is playing chess and the other guys are playing checkers.
Dak sucks imo, he has Zeke and a really good O Line. Makes him look better than he is.

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Drew Brees officially retires. N.O. gives Hill a ridiculous extension $140 mil? but it's voidable so no idea who their future QB will be, Winston, Hill or ???

To me, that contract says they are going to try Hill, if he turns into the franchise QB you got him for cheap and if he doesnt you cut him and save all the money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info