šŸˆ NFL Official 2021-2022 NFL Thread

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
They are speculating he will come back if GB will reduce his contract from 3 more years to 1 year.
Its funny because all you ever hear is how GB is a world class organization and does everything the right way.
Obviously not, if Rodgers is turning down that kind of money

Coaching staff and their QB draft picks im betting is whats making him play hardball.

Reactions: Shawn1112

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
giphy.gif

Reactions: FESTER665

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Schefter is the guy reporting and he's pretty accurate. Supposedly, Rodgers last year is voided so he can leave after this year. Packers will not be able to put a franchise tag on him. It's 1 and done. Similar money but frees up some cap for the Pack this year.
I donā€™t see them doing that? Whatā€™s in it for them?

Why not force him to either retire and lose out on pay for years, or if he sits trade him and get draft stock?

makes zero sense to say ā€œokay, one more year then we will let you walk away and we get nothingā€
I posted that last week. I read it in more than one article.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I just read it and he loses the last year of his deal, so they would get him for one year and basically trade him then after that, and I guess he has a list of teams he would accept a trade to.

So heā€™s not free to do what he wants after this year from what Iā€™m reading, and it should free up money to sign Adams though if I were in his shoes I wouldnā€™t extend if Aaron is leaving.

so thereā€™s wins on both sides, Packers get one more shot this year, and then they can trade him or if things get better maybe heā€™ll stay the following year. No way they would just say okay play this year then youā€™re a free agent. If he wanted to retire instead of playing you save all the money, if he doesnā€™t retire you can trade him wherever the hell you wanted, franchise him, be total assholes. They held a ton of power and seem to be placatiNG the little whiney fuck enough IMO.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If they take a year off Rodger's contract, that adds more freedom to him as far as what he wants to do. If GB can trade him to a team he wants to join, it's a win/win. If he wants to go elsewhere, it's to his benefit to shorten the contract. Who will trade for him if they get 1 year and then he's a free agent? Only a team that is win now. We'll have to see the contract details when they actually come out. Rodgers is signed through 2023 now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info