šŸ€ NBA Official 2021-2022 Bulls Thread-Weā€™re Back!!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
It's probably just a BS reason to cover up someone else starting for him so he doesn't look like a bitch and he's not man enough to accept it.

IMO.
The thought of it being an excuse to sit him or him refusing to play due to his knee and his contract situation did cross my mind.
Last game with the Bulls?
One can only dream!

Reactions: FESTER665

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Here's the problem I see with this.... Now the Bulls will win a few games, tie the series and he'll come back and fuck it all up :rofl:
Wouldnt that be something. Shit not even winning a couple of games, but just winning tomorrow without him would clearly send a message to management and all the Trash Lavine nut swingers.

Rico

Addict
TCG Sponsor
Nov 25, 2020
I don't see how they justify NOT signing Zach... I get that he is inconsistent in this series, and definitely after the All Star break, but he is one of the only players on the team who can create his own shot. His defense has improved a ton from last year. Plus, it's pretty clear the front office focused their efforts last summer to surround him with complimentary talent like Lonzo and Caruso. I'm guessing they throw him the Max and we'll likely see the same team next year. Their justification will be that they haven't seen a large enough sample size when they were all healthy. They badly need a reliable 4 who can push P Will to take that next step. It sucks that he got injured and missed a crucial developmental year. He has the tools to be very good but it's clearly a mental thing for him right now. He is still only 20 years old...

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I don't see how they justify NOT signing Zach... I get that he is inconsistent in this series, and definitely after the All Star break, but he is one of the only players on the team who can create his own shot. His defense has improved a ton from last year. Plus, it's pretty clear the front office focused their efforts last summer to surround him with complimentary talent like Lonzo and Caruso. I'm guessing they throw him the Max and we'll likely see the same team next year. Their justification will be that they haven't seen a large enough sample size when they were all healthy. They badly need a reliable 4 who can push P Will to take that next step. It sucks that he got injured and missed a crucial developmental year. He has the tools to be very good but it's clearly a mental thing for him right now. He is still only 20 years old...
The Bulls will probably give him a max deal, but he isnā€™t a max player imo. He is nothing but a good scorer, and thatā€™s all he can do. No team will ever win the chip with him as the alpha dog. His defensive rating is actually worse this year and he grades out way below average. Last year he was like a 113, this year he was over 116. Lower the number the better.

Rico

Addict
TCG Sponsor
Nov 25, 2020
Yea i just dont see how the Bulls let his scoring walk without resigning him. At 27, he should be heading into the prime of his career so I don't think it would be a bad deal to give him the max. It's pretty clear that he is playing through a knee issue, hopefully its nothing serious beyond getting it scoped this summer.

Stole this from Twitter but all of these players have received Max contracts... I get that it's a lot of money to lock in but do you honestly believe Zach is not in the same conversation (if not better)?
Michael Porter Jr., Gordon Hayward, Andrew Wiggins, Mike Conley, Tobias Harris, Deā€™Aaron Fox, Jamal Murray, John Collins.

Rico

Addict
TCG Sponsor
Nov 25, 2020
Just proves the market rate for talent in the NBA.
I'm not defending Zach's performance after the All Star break /playoffs but the Bulls prior year attempts to tank and draft talent in the draft has proven to be miserably bad. The only constant has been Zach's work ethic to get better year after year. Pay him the max and develop the young guys around him.
Get more size and durability for next year to hang with the Top 4 in the East.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info