Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Reactions: DEEZUZ

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Told you. Call stands. Even though last shot clearly shows half yard short. Rofl

I get some people saying that, but the yellow line isnt official and of course the refs arent infallible, but I think it was a point where you couldnt overturn the call on the field. Had he been ruled short then I think that would have stayed as well.

1578953735774.png

Obviously the yellow line was off though.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I'd like to see the packers on the Super Bowl.

And they get beat so bad on world wide tv that State Farm fires Roger's, and he shaves his head and moves to Tibet for the rest of his life. and the coach is so out coached that his eyes bleed and his head almost goes all scanners on tv. And the defense is so embarrassing that they brake each others legs so they can never walk onto a football field again. And the offense runs to the bay and jumps in but the great white sharks just bite them in half and leave them to float around the ocean so that even little fish can laugh at them for the next 100 years....
That would be a really good Super Bowl!!!!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I get some people saying that, but the yellow line isnt official and of course the refs arent infallible, but I think it was a point where you couldnt overturn the call on the field. Had he been ruled short then I think that would have stayed as well.

View attachment 48622

Obviously the yellow line was off though.
. Thank you.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Kuechly only 28yrs old, and in the prime of his career and probably could have got another decent contract.
Concussions are a mother fucker, thats probably the reason he is retiring.

Im trying to figure out if this is going to be a new trend developing (Play your rookie deal, get paid huge once, retire early) or if players like Luck and Kuechly are just listening to their bodies and don't want to risk their health....

Dunno if we'll see many more of the Brees and Bradys of the world wanting to play into their 40's.

I guess we will see if they start to restructure contracts and guarantees to be void if people retire early? :dunno:

I imagine that the Panthers will be trying to recoup some of their money they paid in signing bonuses and guarantees considering he had a few years left on his deal?

Reactions: Shawn1112

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
This is 2020 and things are handled a lot differently now, especially with concussions but this could be why....

"The average life expectancy or lifespan of an American football NFL player has been reported to be extremely low, only 53 to 59 years depending on playing position. "

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Im trying to figure out if this is going to be a new trend developing (Play your rookie deal, get paid huge once, retire early) or if players like Luck and Kuechly are just listening to their bodies and don't want to risk their health....

Dunno if we'll see many more of the Brees and Bradys of the world wanting to play into their 40's.

I guess we will see if they start to restructure contracts and guarantees to be void if people retire early? :dunno:

I imagine that the Panthers will be trying to recoup some of their money they paid in signing bonuses and guarantees considering he had a few years left on his deal?
I mean, the contract is pretty cut and dry. It looks like the signing bonus for his 2015 contract was prorated through 2019, so he won't owe them any money back. Based on what I'm seeing he's earned ~$60m and will give up around ~$25m by quitting two years early.

If I was 28 with tens of millions in the bank, and a banged up brain and body, I'd retire too. These guys get physically destroyed in this game. Gronk retired at 28...how many back surgeries did he have between 22 and 28? F that. The only position that stands a chance of making it decades in the NFL is the QB...or kicker. Lol

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Their injuries are also always rushed and not fully healed, and usually when they're young and trying to prove themselves they just take the meds and keep playing when they probably shouldn't have. It's only when they're the better/best players on the team are they able to make the calls for their future, you make that call as a rookie and you're not getting paid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info