Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
435c5f9fabff49220cc34b60f604e46c.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Eddy Pineiro is starting to pull ahead in the Kicker competition. Fry has been doing OK but missed 2 kicks in the most recent practice. Pineiro was 12-12 including a 60 yarder.

Pineiro has the better leg. Fry had the accuracy. If Pineiro keeps only missing 0-1 kicks each day, he's going to be a Bear.

From the way both guys are kicking, the loser will probably be signed by some other team.

I think this competition has been another good Nagy idea. Both guys have really improved recently. Hopefully the competition is toughening them up.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Eddy Pineiro is starting to pull ahead in the Kicker competition. Fry has been doing OK but missed 2 kicks in the most recent practice. Pineiro was 12-12 including a 60 yarder.

Pineiro has the better leg. Fry had the accuracy. If Pineiro keeps only missing 0-1 kicks each day, he's going to be a Bear.

From the way both guys are kicking, the loser will probably be signed by some other team.

I think this competition has been another good Nagy idea. Both guys have really improved recently. Hopefully the competition is toughening them up.

I still think they will sign a veteran kicker that gets cut from another team.
They are pretty much kicking in perfect elements at practice. Weather is great, no crowd noise, no pressure etc. So I would take them doing well with a grain of salt.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
18,000 fans at the last practice. The kickers had to come out and kick against each other. Sometimes the team is split into two groups and one group is "punished" with exercises if their kicker misses.

Nagy's doing whatever he can to increase the pressure on the guys way more than most teams do for their "forgotten" kickers.

I think he is creating a couple of badass kickers.

If you look at their stats since the season started their kicking percentages would have them ranked 10th and 16th in the league last year. That's far better than what we had last year.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
18,000 fans at the last practice. The kickers had to come out and kick against each other. Sometimes the team is split into two groups and one group is "punished" with exercises if their kicker misses.

Nagy's doing whatever he can to increase the pressure on the guys way more than most teams do for their "forgotten" kickers.

I think he is creating a couple of badass kickers.

If you look at their stats since the season started their kicking percentages would have them ranked 10th and 16th in the league last year. That's far better than what we had last year.
18000 fans because it was family day...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I still think they will sign a veteran kicker that gets cut from another team.
They are pretty much kicking in perfect elements at practice. Weather is great, no crowd noise, no pressure etc. So I would take them doing well with a grain of salt.

I looked and the pickings are slim. Most teams have 1 established kicker. The ones who are having competitions (like Cleveland) are in the same position as the Bears. I'd take the Bears kickers over the few currently rostered rejects that will be available.

The only scenario I see for getting a (maybe) better kicker than what the Bears already have on the roster is to take an old guy who is cut or already in free agency (Janikowski, Bryant, etc.). I doubt the Bears want a 40 y.o. kicker. They'd have the same issue in a year or two. Nagy wants to solve it for the foreseeable future.

I do think that both of the Bears kickers will be on NFL rosters this year. One of the kicker competition teams will decide the Bears reject is better than their guys. I could be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me to see both of them as starting kickers.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Bears released their official depth chart today.

Interesting point is Bilal Nichols is starting ahead of Jonathan Bullard.

Tarik Cohen is listed as the starting RB with Davis and Montgomery 2-3.

Kickers were listed in alphabetical order without a designated starter.

https://www.chicagobears.com/team/depth-chart

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Bears released their official depth chart today.

Interesting point is Bilal Nichols is starting ahead of Jonathan Bullard.

Tarik Cohen is listed as the starting RB with Davis and Montgomery 2-3.

Kickers were listed in alphabetical order without a designated starter.

https://www.chicagobears.com/team/depth-chart

News must travel slow to Florida, lol.
They released that yesterday or the day before.
They were talking about it on sports radio on my way home from work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info