• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Official 2019-2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Keep Moving Forward

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
So if the Bears do something super bad, like cheating scandal or whatever, and lose their first round pick, does that mean the Raiders lose their pick?

I don't think so, I would assume there is some sort of protections for that but could be wrong. :rofl:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Eddy Pineiro is starting to pull ahead in the Kicker competition. Fry has been doing OK but missed 2 kicks in the most recent practice. Pineiro was 12-12 including a 60 yarder.

Pineiro has the better leg. Fry had the accuracy. If Pineiro keeps only missing 0-1 kicks each day, he's going to be a Bear.

From the way both guys are kicking, the loser will probably be signed by some other team.

I think this competition has been another good Nagy idea. Both guys have really improved recently. Hopefully the competition is toughening them up.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Eddy Pineiro is starting to pull ahead in the Kicker competition. Fry has been doing OK but missed 2 kicks in the most recent practice. Pineiro was 12-12 including a 60 yarder.

Pineiro has the better leg. Fry had the accuracy. If Pineiro keeps only missing 0-1 kicks each day, he's going to be a Bear.

From the way both guys are kicking, the loser will probably be signed by some other team.

I think this competition has been another good Nagy idea. Both guys have really improved recently. Hopefully the competition is toughening them up.
I still think they will sign a veteran kicker that gets cut from another team.
They are pretty much kicking in perfect elements at practice. Weather is great, no crowd noise, no pressure etc. So I would take them doing well with a grain of salt.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
18,000 fans at the last practice. The kickers had to come out and kick against each other. Sometimes the team is split into two groups and one group is "punished" with exercises if their kicker misses.

Nagy's doing whatever he can to increase the pressure on the guys way more than most teams do for their "forgotten" kickers.

I think he is creating a couple of badass kickers.

If you look at their stats since the season started their kicking percentages would have them ranked 10th and 16th in the league last year. That's far better than what we had last year.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
18,000 fans at the last practice. The kickers had to come out and kick against each other. Sometimes the team is split into two groups and one group is "punished" with exercises if their kicker misses.

Nagy's doing whatever he can to increase the pressure on the guys way more than most teams do for their "forgotten" kickers.

I think he is creating a couple of badass kickers.

If you look at their stats since the season started their kicking percentages would have them ranked 10th and 16th in the league last year. That's far better than what we had last year.
18000 fans because it was family day...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, all 18,000 were watching the kickers and cheering or booing as was warranted.

Seriously, the educated fans are into the kicking competition according to Nagy and Tabor.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They are pretty much kicking in perfect elements at practice. Weather is great, no crowd noise, no pressure etc. So I would take them doing well with a grain of salt.
I looked and the pickings are slim. Most teams have 1 established kicker. The ones who are having competitions (like Cleveland) are in the same position as the Bears. I'd take the Bears kickers over the few currently rostered rejects that will be available.

The only scenario I see for getting a (maybe) better kicker than what the Bears already have on the roster is to take an old guy who is cut or already in free agency (Janikowski, Bryant, etc.). I doubt the Bears want a 40 y.o. kicker. They'd have the same issue in a year or two. Nagy wants to solve it for the foreseeable future.

I do think that both of the Bears kickers will be on NFL rosters this year. One of the kicker competition teams will decide the Bears reject is better than their guys. I could be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me to see both of them as starting kickers.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Bears released their official depth chart today.

Interesting point is Bilal Nichols is starting ahead of Jonathan Bullard.

Tarik Cohen is listed as the starting RB with Davis and Montgomery 2-3.

Kickers were listed in alphabetical order without a designated starter.

https://www.chicagobears.com/team/depth-chart
News must travel slow to Florida, lol.
They released that yesterday or the day before.
They were talking about it on sports radio on my way home from work.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think we may have an RB in Chicago.

Montgomery has made several sweet moves maximizing his yardage and just ran in a nice, stutter step, TD.

Question was could his college performance level match up to NFL talent. So far, the answer is yes.

7-6 Bears.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
I agree he looks very good. But you know me and I'm the opposite of you, my glass is always half empty, lol. He is playing against 2nd and 3rd string guys. I like him a lot and hope he is the real deal. My only concern is he played in the Big 12. Not many stout defenses in the Big 12

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The kid has good eyes and decisions. Hole's not there, he doesn't mess around. Goes where the hole is. A lot of NFL RBs can't do that.

I'm hopeful for his future.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Hi [MENTION=4746]Flyn[/MENTION]......remember me? lol

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Not watching, how bad was pinero’s miss?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom