Official 2019-2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Keep Moving Forward

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Bears miss out on Pat Shurmur and hire Bill Lazor as OC. Shurmur goes to Denver where he should have play calling duties. Sounds like Nagy wasn't willing to give them up.

Lazor was out of football last year after an extensive coaching career in the NFL including his most recent job as Cincy's OC. This is another guy with NFL experience pick. I'm not thrilled with it.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Bears miss out on Pat Shurmur and hire Bill Lazor as OC. Shurmur goes to Denver where he should have play calling duties. Sounds like Nagy wasn't willing to give them up.

Lazor was out of football last year after an extensive coaching career in the NFL including his most recent job as Cincy's OC. This is another guy with NFL experience pick. I'm not thrilled with it.
SMFH at the hiring

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
This may be the worst higher level Bears coaching pick Iā€™ve ever seen

This guy is a proven failure, twice already. First as the OC of the Philbin lead Dolphins and then as the 2018 Bengals...i wouldā€™ve been OK if this guy was maybe our TE coach, but nothing more. Nagy and Pace better start getting their resumes ready now, because this next season is going to be a shitshow

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Reasons for optimism with Lazor? Don't know if I agree with this guy's views. Lazor seems like a career loser to me.

I have my own reason for optimism. If the Bears suck next year, Nagy and Pace may be gone along with Lazor. If they're good, I don't care who's coaching them. Hiring Lazor may make it easier to fire Nagy and Pace. If they had hired Shurmur, Nagy and Pace would have had more insulation.

The reader comments in the 2nd video seem to be a lot more on point to me than the video itself.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
What the hell are the Bears doing? They had DeFilippo in mind for head coach (chose Nagy) now he's under Dave Ragone and Bill Lazor?

It looks like the Bears have a handful of QB coach darts and are throwing the entire handful at the board to see which one sticks? They didn't hire a good OC and now have a logjam of QB coaches on their offensive coaching line up.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I understand you can help WR's run better routes, linemen with better technique, RBs and blocking/chipping, etc. but how do you help a QB that can't understand a playbook? How do you help him go through his reads? The classroom shit should have been figured out in ONE offseason, if he can't understand the plays you want him to run he should be kicked to the curb unless he has some kind of freak athleticism like Lamar Jackson (even though that doesn't apply to him, he's amazing all around) and you try to work around it. Trubisky sucks. Period. At least there were games that Cutler was exciting to watch, he was who he was, his stats show it, but some of those games were just great. This #10 every game is like "wow, that was lucky"

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The difference is a second or two extra time for the QB and more open receivers. The O line play was ridiculously bad in both passes and runs. Fixing that one problem would help the offense a lot.
GTFO, you are full of excuses for Tru Bust Ski. The guy sucks and is fucking stupid there is no nice way to put it.
Career back up is what he will eventually be

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The difference is a second or two extra time for the QB and more open receivers. The O line play was ridiculously bad in both passes and runs. Fixing that one problem would help the offense a lot.

Any QB at the NFL level all the way through the 3rd string can complete passes if they have all the time in the world to do it. A good QB, which Trubisky is not, can overcome and make a play. Ya know? Cause they're able to use progress through their reads, OR read the defense and know exactly where they're going with the ball based on that alone. Smart QBs will go after a shitty corner all day until they get help and then go after another. He's a bust, he sucks, he needs to go and everyone knows it.

Reactions: Shawn1112

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Honestly, throwing in a Rookie that just slings the ball is more entertaining than watching Tricky be an idiot. We all know there's not really a GOOD option out there but he's supposed to be our #1 guy and he sucks. Throw in a guy that has no hopes and let him suck. Two of the best QBs in the league were VERY easy options and they picked dip shit. Send him packing.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
The Sunday before the Super Bowl is normally one of the slowest news days on the NFL calendar but Chicago Bears fans are probably hyperventilating after the team's Twitter account early Sunday morning according to Steve DelVecchio of Larry Brown Sports.

The hacking began with a message (since deleted) that the team was under new ownership. That undoubtedly left both fans and media confused, as the Bears are owned by 97-year-old Virginia Halas McCaskey. Mrs. McCaskey inherited the team from her father, the legendary George Halas, in 1983 and is the longest-tenured owner in the entire NFL.

A second tweet was added 11 minutes later to say "Just kidding" while promoting the security services of a Saudi-based company called "OurMine".

The hackers did not stop there. When a Detroit Lions fan jumped on the website to ask if the Bears would trade All-Pro linebacker Khalil Mack for a sixth-round draft pick, the Bears' account agreed-for $1.

The Bears have not yet publicly responded to the hacking, although they are apparently working with Twitter to resolve the issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info