Official 2019-2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Keep Moving Forward

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Bears don't have the money for a "big" name, and with Pace and Nagy in on Trubisky as starter in 2020, there's no real shot for anyone that has the expectation to become a starter. There are quite a few rumors of Mariota to the Bears, and at least one NFL exec thinks it's gonna happen. I think it would be a great fit...Mariota has a lot of starting experience, would likely thrive in the style of offense that Nagy runs, and although injury prone, would not be expected to make a ton of starts (if any.) I think it would be a very logical and very smart pickup, and he would not likely garner much money.

Rivers, Brees, Newton are all going to be WAAAY too much money for the Bears to afford. I'd imagine that Bridgewater is going to garner quite a bit of interest, whether it be from the Saints or others. Andy Dalton has a ton of experience, but just sucks. Nick Foles is a system QB, and I don't think he succeeds much outside of Philly.

Alex Smith is also a VERY interesting option...considering the time he spent in KC, and the success he had in KC...He's coming off a horrific knee injury, and in all honesty, may never play again, BUT if he's even semi capable, he'd be great to bring in to help Trubisky with the offense...I don't know if Bray and Daniels just weren't able to get through to Trubisky or what, but maybe Smith could?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI

This is just awesome. I bet you you wouldn't even have to pay the fans to do this. I know I'd do it for free just to say I helped.

If Chicago asked that of their fans, A. unions would have a fucking fitshit and B. They'd have to train there fans how to properly use a shovel.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

This is just awesome. I bet you you wouldn't even have to pay the fans to do this. I know I'd do it for free just to say I helped.

If Chicago asked that of their fans, A. unions would have a fucking fitshit and B. They'd have to train there fans how to properly use a shovel.
100% correct for the most part. Id do it for season tix

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

They've done that for years...people line up for the opportunity to shovel fucking snow for them. For the price of tickets, I'd tell them to get fucked.
100% correct for the most part. Id do it for season tix

I want to say they pay these chumps like $12/hr

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Here's the last Tape Never Lies for the Bears season.

IMO, the O line is the biggest weakness on the Bears. They're all awful at times. Leno, in particular should be gone today. I'm hoping the new O line coach does a better job with them than Hiestand.

Bro, you keep watching these dumb ass tapes "The tape never lies", you do know there are "tapes" to counter this?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
A few TE prospects...

Tyler Eifert - played in all 16 games this year.
Hunter Henry - free agent. Will be expensive.
Austin Hooper - Also expensive. Moving up towards the top tier of TEs.
Eric Ebron - Better than Trey Burton?
???
Pretty sure its the first time in Eifart's career he has stayed healthy. I'd stay far away from him. What about moving Cordelle Patterson to TE?
I know he is probably not the greatest blocker right now, but can improve if they work on it the next 6 months. Quick, big target and can run routes. I mean fuck, how many times did they trot Shaheens garbage ass out there and he couldnt block to save his life.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Pretty sure its the first time in Eifart's career he has stayed healthy. I'd stay far away from him. What about moving Cordelle Patterson to TE?
I know he is probably not the greatest blocker right now, but can improve if they work on it the next 6 months. Quick, big target and can run routes. I mean fuck, how many times did they trot Shaheens garbage ass out there and he couldnt block to save his life.

That's the hard part of in-between guys, he would need to lose some to likely be a really good WR, need to gain some to be a good TE...

Most of the TE's that are killing it right now are the 6'4"-6'5" and 250 pound range... Patterson is 6'2" and 220 pounds.

It's hard to figure out what to do with him, cause it sometimes feels like he is wasted doing special teams and the occasional formation play on offense.

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info