Official 2019-2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Keep Moving Forward

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
IMO, the Bears have little choice other than to list Trubisky as their QB for next year. How about they spend big and grab Winston? That's the kind of choice they have if they don't use Trubisky. Draft a QB in the 2nd, pay for a questionable veteran or use Trubisky.

I'm as disappointed in him as you guys are but there isn't an easy answer. Maybe, if the Bears use free agency and the draft to fix the O line, he might do better? I think the O line was more of a problem than Trubisky was.

Notice they haven't commented on picking up his 5th year option yet. IIRC, they have until May to decide. I'd bet they're looking for alternatives. Hopefully they have some kind of plan.

The best answer I can think of is signing some good O coordinator who also can evaluate draft talent. He takes over play calling from Nagy and convinces Pace that players X,Y and Z will fix the line. They do and Trubisky settles down with time to throw. Will this happen? Probably not but it's a better answer than dumping a QB who would be instantly signed by another team. IF Trubisky bombs next year, the Bears have a first round pick in 2021 and could make a move then. Next year is make or break for Trubisky and, maybe, Nagy and Pace.
Nothing will fix Trubisky, no matter how much you want them to fix him. Better O Line going to fix his piss poor mechanics, or teach him how to read a defense? When you have a ton of X players bashing him and pretty much calling him a bust.....guess what, he is a bust. Those X players know a hell of a lot more than we do.

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Nothing will fix Trubisky, no matter how much you want them to fix him. Better O Line going to fix his piss poor mechanics, or teach him how to read a defense? When you have a ton of X players bashing him and pretty much calling him a bust.....guess what, he is a bust. Those X players know a hell of a lot more than we do.

Not only that, yes some other team would sign him for sure....

To be a backup.

I canā€™t think of a single team who would think grabbing the 30thā€˜ish ranked QB in the league is going to fix their franchise.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
They need someone better than Chase to come in and backup Trubisky, especially given Trubisky's injury history.

Long is likely to be cut...$1.5M in dead money vs. $8.1M in cap savings....no brainer.

Trey Burton, on the surface, may seem like an easy cut, but he holds $7.5M in dead money, and only $1M in cap savings...so we're stuck with him, unless we can trade him.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Also, if we're not signing Travathan, you need to retain Kwit, who is also a free agent. I also think Pierre-Louis played himself into at least a 1 year deal, as he is also a free agent. McManis is gonna be a free agent, and has a been at great special team, and can step up on D as needed. Ha Ha is also sitting as a free agent, and played out his 1 year prove it deal, and it probably looking for a payday. And that's JUST the defense...Lynch, Nick Williams, Deon Bush, Roy Robertson-Harris are all also FA's...most of them should go fairly cheaply, but there are a lot of people to retain...and not a ton of money to do it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Long, 31, announced Sunday on Twitter that he has retired, Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports.

Some chicagoans are probably happy to hear Iā€™m finally stepping away and getting my body right. Some Chicagoans may be sad to hear this. Either way ufeel about it, I want u to know how lucky I am to have spent time in your city. I became a man while playing in Chicago.Thank youā¤

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I went over a few of these before, but they stand. Glad to see they are shaking up the QB room. I honestly would be happy with a Mariota or other QB that fits the system...someone who can come in and actually do some work, instead of Daniel coming in and dinking and dunking.

Untitled.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info