Official 2019-2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Keep Moving Forward

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I think like Shawn1112 Shawn1112 mentioned, they were dumb flying out later. I think they’re going to see when more games are played there, teams will realize they should fly out early.
Gruden even said how gassed they were doing it that way last year, hence the reason they flew out last week after their game.
Nagy saying we are going to treat it as a regular road game has to be one of the stupidest things he has said since he has been here.
Some of the National sports guys were questioning it as well.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

According to the poll at the bottom of the screen, the fans think its Tyler Bray time! :s00ls:

Mitch isnt the answer, Chase is a career back up for a reason. Why not give the kid a shot? If anybody still thinks the Bears can win a SB with Mitch you need to go get your head checked out. Imo, they have absolutely nothing to lose by giving Bray a shot.

Reactions: FESTER665

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I think like Shawn1112 Shawn1112 mentioned, they were dumb flying out later. I think they’re going to see when more games are played there, teams will realize they should fly out early.

This was actually brought up by a caller on the Post-Game show on 670 the Score. And it was answered pretty well by a former Bear player (either Anthony Herron or Olin Kreutz).

Each team sends scouts ahead to get a lay of the land for where they're playing. What facilities are or aren't available and what technology is available (I.E. watching tapes of the opponents schemes for example), evidently the Bears felt that the facilities and tech wasn't suitable to their needs and also allowed players to stay at home in their comfort zone (one could argue TOO comfortable after that first half), and then they would fly out on Thursday.

Meanwhile Oakland went over right away. The issue for Oakland was that they had a game in Indy the week before. So why fly back to San-Fran/Oakland area, only to have to pack up and leave a couple days later, taking a longer flight from SFO to London, when O'Hare was right here. It was a logistics reason.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
This was actually brought up by a caller on the Post-Game show on 670 the Score. And it was answered pretty well by a former Bear player (either Anthony Herron or Olin Kreutz).

Each team sends scouts ahead to get a lay of the land for where they're playing. What facilities are or aren't available and what technology is available (I.E. watching tapes of the opponents schemes for example), evidently the Bears felt that the facilities and tech wasn't suitable to their needs and also allowed players to stay at home in their comfort zone (one could argue TOO comfortable after that first half), and then they would fly out on Thursday.

Meanwhile Oakland went over right away. The issue for Oakland was that they had a game in Indy the week before. So why fly back to San-Fran/Oakland area, only to have to pack up and leave a couple days later, taking a longer flight from SFO to London, when O'Hare was right here. It was a logistics reason.
Gruden did say the main reason they left when they left was due to last year. He said they flew out Thursday treating it like a normal road game.
He said come Sunday him and the team were exhausted as they didnt have enough time to get acclimated. I feel that they looked completely flat yesterday except for the burst in the 3rd qtr.

BTW: Kruetz is awesome on the Score, he tells it like it is, lol

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Which is part of the logistics thing. Fly over in a much more direct flight from O'Hare, get there, get acclimated...

But the Bears are gonna Bear. (not to steal Badazz'z line through these last few pages).

I like him as well as Tom Thayer (with Jeff) on the live broadcast. Really any former Bear has a definite home team mindset.

• Haha

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I watched an analysis of the Raiders game. Kyle Long and Charles Leno NEED to go. They both SUCK this year. The two of them combined to make enough mistakes to stop the run game of the Bears.

The elbow dislocation injury to Hicks was awful, especially in slow motion. If he comes back this year, we'll be lucky.

The Raiders play dirty. Illegal chop blocks on Eddie Goldman multiple times, etc. Not called by the refs.

Last edited:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I watched an analysis of the Raiders game. Kyle Long and Charles Leno NEED to go. They both SUCK this year. The two of them combined to make enough mistakes to stop the run game of the Bears.

The elbow dislocation injury to Hicks was awful, especially in slow motion. If he comes back this year, we'll be lucky.

The Raiders play dirty. Illegal chop blocks on Eddie Goldman multiple times, etc. Not called by the refs.

Long is hurt and probably done, Leno was good last year not sure what happened to him.

As long as no surgery for Hicks he can be back for the Saints game with a brace on. Seen the same thing happen Saturday night in a boxing match but it was a knee. Dr popped it back in, in the ring and the guy walked back to the locker room with some assistance.

From most local reports (sports radio) a good portion of those chop blocks were legal. Bears were doing the same but failed, lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info