• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Official 2019-2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Keep Moving Forward

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
The Miller Lite! And a pup too :fy:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I watched the highlights again and the Bears O line needs work. At the start of the game they didn't open up holes in the middle. All through the game they were allowing defenders into the backfield.

No first round pick next year so O Tackle in the 2nd round?

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
I watched the highlights again and the Bears O line needs work. At the start of the game they didn't open up holes in the middle. All through the game they were allowing defenders into the backfield.

No first round pick next year so O Tackle in the 2nd round?
So you missed the Mike Davis 12 yard run where the line created a giant hole?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cody Whitehair did an excellent job pushing his guy completely out of the play. Guard is his natural position and I hope this is how he's going to look all year.

The LB made the wrong decision and was out of position. If he took the other gap, he would have been there. Still, it was a great play by the Bears O line. Too bad they didn't have more plays like that.

Something to work on.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Cody Whitehair did an excellent job pushing his guy completely out of the play. Guard is his natural position and I hope this is how he's going to look all year.

The LB made the wrong decision and was out of position. If he took the other gap, he would have been there. Still, it was a great play by the Bears O line. Too bad they didn't have more plays like that.

Something to work on.
Just out of curiosity, how do you know the LB made the wrong decision? You do know most defensive plays have guys hitting/crashing certain gaps. Chances are he hit the correct gap, and it was just a good offensive play call.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The LB took the gap opposite the RB side. Looked like he was trying to get into the backfield to get to the QB. Not the right move against a run. If he had gone right instead of left, he would have been filling the gap on the RB side.

Another nice move by the Bears on that play was Leno getting help on his guy opening up the other side of the hole. The DE/LB on the outside was late getting around the pile up from the three of them and could only trail the play. He was untouched but Davis hit the hole too quickly for him to have a chance. Nicely designed and executed, although basic, play.

Cody Whitehair made it happen.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The good. 0 starters injured. 0 game film on Bears starters. Subs got to play in a game.

The bad. Losing sucks. Especially losing to the Giants again.

Noteworthy. It's preseason. Does not matter at all.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Cedric Benson
RIP
motorcycle accident

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Fry got cut, meaning Pinero is it, until the bears find a veteran cut they want to go after

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bears backup ILBs are sad. Kwiatkoski is too slow although he understands the game. Pierre-Louis doesn't understand where he's supposed to be. Bears need help with depth here. Opponents are taking advantage of the middle of the field during preseason games.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
It's preseason shit, nobody cares about any of this.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You don't have depth, your starters are going to be worn down fast.

Can't just watch the top 22.

Arizona ILB, Josh Bynes, is out there in FA. Bears should give him a look. 75 tackles in 11 games last year before he hurt his hand.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
R in the RIGHT post. NBD.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Missing all the Bears vs Pack posts

Also heard some interesting facts about everyone's favorite QB
In 9 career games with the Bears trailing by 7pts or less and at least 3 min left on the clock with the ball.
45% completion percentage, ZERO TD's and 4 INT's, I'd say he is pretty clutch, lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom