Votes: 17 30.4%
  • I am a TCG 1%er and just joined Mar-A-Lago

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting to make this thread for a year now. With the new Trump/GOP tax law, I am curios to see how everybody made out. Me? I got fucked. But I can only speak for myself and would like to know how the rest of you will fair with your 2018 Federal Tax returns. I get it, everyone is different so I created a poll. Most of you know my political stance so I hope it doesn't get political but it's gonna get political...

Here is my situation: Middle class single income under 100K annually. Own a home. Son in college and daughter in grade school. Filing together with my wife. With the new tax bill I got to bring home an additional $500 for the year on my paycheck. For the last 10 years I have received a refund of $4k-$6K. This year I am only getting back $2k plus the $500 take home. So, 2017 I received $4k refund so I will use that as a benchmark. I was returned $1500 less on my federal tax returns than last year. Gut punch, right? But, here is the real kick in the balls...when my son graduates college, I lose that credit and I will owe $2000 on my federal taxes in my same scenario!!!!! That means not only do I have to give back that $500, but I have to have an additional $1500 to be taken out of my paycheck to break even and I will not get a refund anymore under the new Trump/GOP tax bullshit law??!!??!!

What the fuck....

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I wont know until my accountant tells me if I'm fucked this go around or not. Last year, I got mega fucked b/c it was the first year reporting as a business owner and I fucked up.

Fingers crossed I fair better this year.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
My situation has changed drastically over the past year, so it's not a fair comparison. I'm happy with my return though.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
I got to get all my stuff together and sent off to my cpa. Not expecting much back.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Comparing anything other than your effective tax rate is flat out worthless. I'll post mine once I'm done with my 2018 tax filing.

Return and extra/less money in your paychecks means nothing without further context.

Marko

Reaction score
I wont know until my accountant tells me if I'm fucked this go around or not. Last year, I got mega fucked b/c it was the first year reporting as a business owner and I fucked up.

Fingers crossed I fair better this year.
In the next couple years I’m gonna get raped. I have to pay taxes on tax deferred accounts.

I’m single. No dependents. I can’t a find anything to write off or get a tax break either.

Unless I open/start some dummy business. To get tax breaks. Idk.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Gotta do mine still, but after seeing a nice bump per week I’m not expecting the same return I used to get. :dunno:

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
Finished mine. Added a kid this year. Wife had a few part time jobs that didn't take fed tax out. Overall I saw about $25 a week extra take home and I got $1k less than previous years. I'm okay

Nccstud

Donating Member
Reaction score
Waiting on the wife's W2 from her old job...then going to file. Got 9k back last year, so here's hoping. I use it to pay my property taxes

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I haven't submitted mine yet but ive put all the info in just to see where I will end up, ive made out pretty well, wife only claims about 4k worth of income and i end up paying all of her taxes at tax time, I made about 15k more this year than in past but paid about the same in taxes, I looked up a check from 2017 thats within 25 bucks of my last check and Im getting about 75 bucks a check more take home than in 2017 right now, my return is almost identical to last years, so I put about 2k more in my pocket this year while making more money, gross adjusted comes in under 100k 2 young kids

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
I have been waiting to make this thread for a year now. With the new Trump/GOP tax law, I am curios to see how everybody made out. Me? I got fucked. But I can only speak for myself and would like to know how the rest of you will fair with your 2018 Federal Tax returns. I get it, everyone is different so I created a poll. Most of you know my political stance so I hope it doesn't get political but it's gonna get political...

Here is my situation: Middle class single income under 100K annually. Own a home. Son in college and daughter in grade school. Filing together with my wife. With the new tax bill I got to bring home an additional $500 for the year on my paycheck. For the last 10 years I have received a refund of $4k-$6K. This year I am only getting back $2k plus the $500 take home. So, 2017 I received $4k refund so I will use that as a benchmark. I was returned $1500 less on my federal tax returns than last year. Gut punch, right? But, here is the real kick in the balls...when my son graduates college, I lose that credit and I will owe $2000 on my federal taxes in my same scenario!!!!! That means not only do I have to give back that $500, but I have to have an additional $1500 to be taken out of my paycheck to break even and I will not get a refund anymore under the new Trump/GOP tax bullshit law??!!??!!

What the fuck....

Ideally - you want to break even

And you know this, MAN!

Marko

Reaction score
Waiting on the wife's W2 from her old job...then going to file. Got 9k back last year, so here's hoping. I use it to pay my property taxes
Wow. Dude. That’s crazy. To pay that much in property taxes in IL. Fuck that.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
I always do my own taxes and we averaged about $5k refund with both kids. About $3500-$4000 last few years with just 1 kid. This is the first year we cant claim any kids and its showing that I will owe about $1200. Combined my Wife and I made about $20k more than last year. I called my accountant that I use for my business, he said drop all my shit off to him and he will attempt to work his magic.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I made more this year and got back more. Plenty of business deductions this year but still, I'm happy. The fact that my business is cranking helps too.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
In relation to political discussions-

Wife’s liberal family “All you care about is paying less taxes, jobs and the Constitution, your rights!”

Me: “Yep!”

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Reaction score
Going to get fucked since i cant claim per diem anymore which is complete bs imo

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
I’m getting back about half of what I normally do. Same income as prior year. Getting back 2900 federal, paying 500 state. And my wife’s minivan just lost reverse, so it’s spoken for already

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
I got more than last year and deposited yesterday
:smile:

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Married, no kids, no deductions, maximum withheld every paycheck. Got 60 bucks back last year in total. I am not expecting any better this year. The rape is real.

PANDA

Reaction score
As a single/unmarried homeowner I think I am going to get fucked this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom